Bullnose Forums

Anyone have Econoline Van info 1986

frothbeast

Hello,

I am working on the wiring for this beautiful machine. Does anyone have the electrical schematics for the E350 Econoline series vans? I have been using the truck drawings, but they are not the same colours and connectors for the vans.

I would appreciate any help in finding these.

Frothbeast

1986_Ford_RV.jpg.c8ea06e1da1282bae45ce9f119cee902.jpg

Hey thanks for the link, I don't want to buy a manual I can't see, and that's why i am posting here to see if I can either get one for free, or see one through someone else's eyes to know I going to buy the full set of electrical drawings I am looking for.

Hey thanks for the link, I don't want to buy a manual I can't see, and that's why i am posting here to see if I can either get one for free, or see one through someone else's eyes to know I going to buy the full set of electrical drawings I am looking for.

If it's any help, I can tell you that the Dave Graham disks linked above are pretty good. They are the actual Ford manuals that the dealership techs used. I have them for the 84 and 85 trucks. I'm no help with the E series stuff though, sorry.

If it's any help, I can tell you that the Dave Graham disks linked above are pretty good. They are the actual Ford manuals that the dealership techs used. I have them for the 84 and 85 trucks. I'm no help with the E series stuff though, sorry.

I am having a real hard time understanding which of the CD's to buy, the generic search above show 3 CD's all by Dave Graham, all with the E series on the picture. All a little different from each other and all different prices. I would really like to hear from someone who has actually seen the wiring diagram(comparable to the F series here on this site) for an 85' and/or '86 E350. I have a friend who subscribes to some wire diagram place, but they are not as easy to read. 60 pages of diagrams rather than ~15 and not laid out like the ones I found here for the F-series.

I am having a real hard time understanding which of the CD's to buy, the generic search above show 3 CD's all by Dave Graham, all with the E series on the picture. All a little different from each other and all different prices. I would really like to hear from someone who has actually seen the wiring diagram(comparable to the F series here on this site) for an 85' and/or '86 E350. I have a friend who subscribes to some wire diagram place, but they are not as easy to read. 60 pages of diagrams rather than ~15 and not laid out like the ones I found here for the F-series.

frothbeast,

Good eye. I believe they are the wrong CD's as you've noted. My bad...I only glanced at them and thought they were specifically for the Econolines. They appear to be just the regular "Light Truck" 5 Volume sets, which DO include some info on the Econolines, but the EVTM in them is specific to the F150-F350 trucks.

If you want wiring info for the vans that is the same as what Gary has here on the website (the EVTM's), then you'll want the EVTM specific to the 1986 Econolines...

This looks like one here on Ebay, maybe somebody else can confirm...that should have what you're looking for...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-FORD-ECONOLINE-ELECTRICAL-WIRING-SERVICE-MANUAL-FM415/172941046215?hash=item284416f1c7:g:SFwAAOSwOA1Z7Qmz

frothbeast,

Good eye. I believe they are the wrong CD's as you've noted. My bad...I only glanced at them and thought they were specifically for the Econolines. They appear to be just the regular "Light Truck" 5 Volume sets, which DO include some info on the Econolines, but the EVTM in them is specific to the F150-F350 trucks.

If you want wiring info for the vans that is the same as what Gary has here on the website (the EVTM's), then you'll want the EVTM specific to the 1986 Econolines...

This looks like one here on Ebay, maybe somebody else can confirm...that should have what you're looking for...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-FORD-ECONOLINE-ELECTRICAL-WIRING-SERVICE-MANUAL-FM415/172941046215?hash=item284416f1c7:g:SFwAAOSwOA1Z7Qmz

That does look like the right one. I am going to hold my breath for a few days and see if I can get a free copy to satisfy the dutch in me. Thanks for the link!