Bullnose Forums

Why Its Nice to Have Good Friends

Got a message from a friend today, asked if I was home. I replied yes, and shortly later he stopped by. Dropped off an oil pan, pushrods, a pair of heads, oil pump and 2 exhaust manifolds. He also has a Comp Cam 260H for me. The heads while have been run, are super low mileage. They were taken to the machine shop, and everything checked out, so they are ready to be bolted on and go. My heads that are currently on me engine need a lot of work and should probably be rebuilt.

The current heads I have, the valve seals are shot, have a few burnt intake valves, and it looks like someone put 4V head intake valves them. From what I gather, that's more of a problem than a blessing as far as flow goes on a 2V head. Regardless, I'll be having a good set of valve springs installed on them as the cam currently in the engine is fairly large. While I don't off hand remember the specs, its as big of lift and duration as you can go before you run into clearance problems. She lopes!

Here is the kicker and the point of the thread, having good friends is a blessing. He dropped it all of to me for $25 bucks.

So, if anyone is interested, I have no use for the oil pump, pan, manifolds or the Comp Cam 260H. These are for a 351M or 400 that was in a 1975 or 1976 Ranchero. It's all available if anyone is interested, throw me an offer on it all. The cam does NOT come with lifters, the manifolds have no cracks. I may clean those up and throw some BBQ paint on them this week.

That said, it's one step closer to me finally getting the thing running again. I'm excited!

Also, obligatory photos since he decided to bring by his truck.

84262750_2689983867721736_1254649303956193280_o.thumb.jpg.ea04bd604e33a5deca7367e127ef760e.jpg87757869_2495379540573737_5228593237966454784_n.thumb.jpg.243dc1d714e0409e7360787940b08f2b.jpg

It IS nice to have good friends! And you obviously have at least one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I can't count on a calendar the amount of times my friends have helped with my trucks, or other things in life. Networking is important and although you can do things on your own, life is easier with a helping hand every once in awhile.

I can't count on a calendar the amount of times my friends have helped with my trucks, or other things in life. Networking is important and although you can do things on your own, life is easier with a helping hand every once in awhile.

I'm grateful for it. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch with alcohol abuse so anything to keep my mind off it all and save me some cash is a God send. This will save me at least a few hundred bucks from not having them rebuilt, although I think some stiff valve springs and a set of rockers are in order!