Bullnose Forums

Used under hood tool box [expensive and broken latch]

I haven't installed mine permanently but have done so for testing. It bolts up nicely to the fender if you have the original brackets, so I don't see a need to rivet anything.

As for the aluminum plate, you are talking about the "floor" of the box? IIRC that thing's bent like a wave and might not be easy to replicate. But I can check mine later to see if you'd like.

Yes for checking, thank you.

If it’s a single-plane piece of aluminum, surely it would be easy to replicate with the corresponding crests/troughs of the wave form?

I’m not blacksmith, just guessing...

If it’s a single-plane piece of aluminum, surely it would be easy to replicate with the corresponding crests/troughs of the wave form?

Vic - Sorry, I forgot to check today. But Siri will remind me at 10 tomorrow morning. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Looks like it is a single piece of .1" thick aluminum 5 1/2" wide that sticks up 2" on the front end and 2 1/2" on the back end. It is just bent to follow the two breaks in the bottom of the box, and is riveted in at one spot, with a hole for a drain in another. Should be easily replicated.

Underhood_Tool_Box_Aluminum_Bottom.thumb.jpg.fbf6c4b29d0005112a1952c2dcdf295d.jpg