Bullnose Forums

Used under hood tool box [expensive and broken latch]

I tossed one of these in my 81 just before my trip. Sadly I had plenty of occasions to use it, and I will say it is extremely convenient. I just love it. I want to figure out something along those lines for my diesel but a second battery lives there at the moment. After having one I really want one in the other truck somehow...

I tossed one of these in my 81 just before my trip. Sadly I had plenty of occasions to use it, and I will say it is extremely convenient. I just love it. I want to figure out something along those lines for my diesel but a second battery lives there at the moment. After having one I really want one in the other truck somehow...

I have a really good one for Dad's truck and another that I was hoping to put in Big Blue. But, that 2nd battery sure causes a problem. And then when I install the '96 power distribution box as well as the air box, there won't be any room on the driver's side. I wonder about the passenger's side some place?

I have a really good one for Dad's truck and another that I was hoping to put in Big Blue. But, that 2nd battery sure causes a problem. And then when I install the '96 power distribution box as well as the air box, there won't be any room on the driver's side. I wonder about the passenger's side some place?

Gary - If you decide not to use the second one, please let me know. I might be interested if my budget allows for it at the time.

Thanks,

Nathan

Gary - If you decide not to use the second one, please let me know. I might be interested if my budget allows for it at the time.

Thanks,

Nathan

Will do, Nathan.

By the way, you might consider coming to the Garagemahal All-Ford Truck Show & Swap Meet on September 15th this year. It'll be here in Skiatook, OK.

• 2 years later...

Will do, Nathan.

By the way, you might consider coming to the Garagemahal All-Ford Truck Show & Swap Meet on September 15th this year. It'll be here in Skiatook, OK.

What do you use your under hood tool boxes for?

And did the original come with white lettering on the lid, or this this an example of artistic license?

What do you use your under hood tool boxes for?

And did the original come with white lettering on the lid, or this this an example of artistic license?

Twenty Questions time...

Has anyone repaired or replaced the hinge? If yes, how?

Same with the aluminum plate inside. Anyone had to change this?

Is it better to rivet or bolt the support plate to the fender wall?

Is there one available to buy, plus attaching parts?

Twenty Questions time...

Has anyone repaired or replaced the hinge? If yes, how?

Same with the aluminum plate inside. Anyone had to change this?

Is it better to rivet or bolt the support plate to the fender wall?

Is there one available to buy, plus attaching parts?

I haven't installed mine permanently but have done so for testing. It bolts up nicely to the fender if you have the original brackets, so I don't see a need to rivet anything.

As for the aluminum plate, you are talking about the "floor" of the box? IIRC that thing's bent like a wave and might not be easy to replicate. But I can check mine later to see if you'd like.