Bullnose Forums

Anti sway bar bushings

Gsmblue

The bushings on the bronco rear sway bar are all but destroyed. I have never tackled this type of job before but I am thinking of removing the bar, stripping, painting, new bushings and putting back on over the weekend.

Are there any items I should be aware of? It looks like a few rusted nuts/bolts and not much else, it looks too easy and I am worried I am missing something!

Cool, i will pick up the bushings at the store later!!

Lots to do this weekend!

I found some MOOG blue pieces that should look nice. Now I just need to measure the anti-sway bar diameters and work out the bar bushing sizes for the rear, the MOOG website does not seem to help with the rear...

I found some MOOG blue pieces that should look nice. Now I just need to measure the anti-sway bar diameters and work out the bar bushing sizes for the rear, the MOOG website does not seem to help with the rear...

I ended up buying my rear swaybar bushings from LMC because I couldn't find any Moog ones that fit. Now, my rear end is an 8.8 and yours is probably a 9" in an '82 Bronco, so they may not be the same. As far as I knew, the rear swaybars on half tons (and Bronco's?) are all 7/8". For the end links, I just bought the Moog kits...they come with the new steel link rods and the blue bushings (I'm not sure what they're made of, but they are hard like Poly bushings).

I ended up buying my rear swaybar bushings from LMC because I couldn't find any Moog ones that fit. Now, my rear end is an 8.8 and yours is probably a 9" in an '82 Bronco, so they may not be the same. As far as I knew, the rear swaybars on half tons (and Bronco's?) are all 7/8". For the end links, I just bought the Moog kits...they come with the new steel link rods and the blue bushings (I'm not sure what they're made of, but they are hard like Poly bushings).

Ah!!

My rear end is 9 inch for sure.

I measured the bar diameters the rear is 7/8 and the front is 1inch. MOOG have the front 1inch so I will have to source another brand for the rear, shame as I was looking forward to all blue bushings!

I did find these, I wonder if they will work.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k8651

I found the same end link kit you are talking about and have those in my amazon cart already. I also found the control links, the ones on Espy are red right now, so those are getting a color change!

My wife thinks I am nuts, I am burning 3 days working on Espy this weekend, and boy I cannot wait!

Ah!!

I just checked LMC for kicks, and they show one bushing for 1980-1982, and another for 1983-1996, so the 9" and 8.8" rear swaybar bushings are definitely different. So...I guess you can ignore what I said, since my experience was only with the 8.8, and I could not find a Moog bushing that fit. However, you may be perfectly fine with a 9".

Ah!!

I just checked LMC for kicks, and they show one bushing for 1980-1982, and another for 1983-1996, so the 9" and 8.8" rear swaybar bushings are definitely different. So...I guess you can ignore what I said, since my experience was only with the 8.8, and I could not find a Moog bushing that fit. However, you may be perfectly fine with a 9".

This might help.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/universal-sway-bar-bushings.asp