Bullnose Forums

Hello!

The95FordGuy

Hello! My name is Tommy. I own a 95 F150 with a 4.9 which I’ve had for 15+ years. I’m currently working on a 78 Bronco for a friend. It has a 460 ci engine and C6 transmission. The engine I believe is from a truck since the vin indicates this bronco actually came with a 351m. It has factory air conditioning as well. Thanks!

Welcome, Tommy! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

Were you the one wanting a Saginaw bracket for a 460?

A '78 Bronco would be cool. And while both it and the '95 are a bit out of our area of expertise, we welcome all members.

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

A '78 Bronco would be cool. And while both it and the '95 are a bit out of our area of expertise, we welcome all members.

Welcome!

Thanks for welcoming me! I live in Goodlettsville, TN just outside of Nashville. I’m still searching for one of the power steering brackets for a 83-87 truck with a 460. I appreciate the help even though this isn’t a bullnose project. The information provided in the 460 saginaw discussion has been extremely helpful and virtually the only real information I’ve been able find up to this point regarding this topic so thank you! If anyone has any suggestions that can help me track down the 3C511 bracket for a 460 I believe that will be the last piece of the puzzle. It seems to be almost impossible to find. I’ve searched ebay and online junkyard inventories but haven’t had any luck. Thanks again!

Thanks for welcoming me! I live in Goodlettsville, TN just outside of Nashville. I’m still searching for one of the power steering brackets for a 83-87 truck with a 460. I appreciate the help even though this isn’t a bullnose project. The information provided in the 460 saginaw discussion has been extremely helpful and virtually the only real information I’ve been able find up to this point regarding this topic so thank you! If anyone has any suggestions that can help me track down the 3C511 bracket for a 460 I believe that will be the last piece of the puzzle. It seems to be almost impossible to find. I’ve searched ebay and online junkyard inventories but haven’t had any luck. Thanks again!

First, you are now on the map.

As for the bracket, 3C511 is the generic part number for a power steering bracket on every Ford vehicle in the world. You need a prefix, like E7TZ, and a suffix, like E, to go with that to create the full part number. You can see that, sort of, in the illustration below that shows serpentine installations of the power steering pumps - both the F-Series and the E-Series brackets are 3C511, but they are clearly different as the pickups are shown with a C-II pump and the vans with a Saginaw.

HOWEVER, I cannot give you the full part number as there seems to be a glitch in the master parts catalog - unless I'm blind. I'll post the whole section from the MPC below the illustration so maybe someone can see it. But I think you are looking for a bracket from an '88 or later E-series van with a 460 and A/C and I'm not seeing it.

Power_Steering_Bracket_-_Serpentine.thumb.jpg.a083a4de34058a48274f87728f654fb1.jpg

3C511_-_1.thumb.jpg.4aa8145ca2dceb1b23c242a0e6ee4160.jpg3C511_-_2.thumb.jpg.062be90c30c6b4411946236f400039cb.jpg3C511_-_3.thumb.jpg.ca93ba5fa3dacfd564edaa3ccfbc2506.jpg

First, you are now on the map.As for the bracket, 3C511 is the generic part number for a power steering bracket on every Ford vehicle in the world. You need a prefix, like E7TZ, and a suffix, like E, to go with that to create the full part number. You can see that, sort of, in the illustration below that shows serpentine installations of the power steering pumps - both the F-Series and the E-Series brackets are 3C511, but they are clearly different as the pickups are shown with a C-II pump and the vans with a Saginaw.HOWEVER, I cannot give you the full part number as there seems to be a glitch in the master parts catalog - unless I'm blind. I'll post the whole section from the MPC below the illustration so maybe someone can see it. But I think you are looking for a bracket from an '88 or later E-series van with a 460 and A/C and I'm not seeing it.
Thanks for the info on the part numbers. Makes a lot more sense now. I was hoping to find the steel bracket from an earlier model instead of the chunky aluminum ones. I’ll attach the picture I saved from the earlier discussion originally posted by ArdWrknTrk. I have circled what I believe to be the elusive bracket I need. 

image0.jpeg.5d705bc75c0593607ec903332cef7073.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

Ahhh! You are going with a vee belt rather than poly groove. Then this is the drawing for you. The part # and applications are:
Thanks Gary! I just put that part number in google and still no luck. I did find a bracket from bronco graveyard that looks close. Has anyone had any luck with this one? It says its for 1980-88 Ford truck/bronco with 429/460 without EFI, which on paper sounds like exactly what I need but the picture obviously looks a bit different than the original. It definitely seems close. Thoughts?

image0.jpeg.7ce6a857af89d86c9843f74dfec43942.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone