Bullnose Forums

Dash

Dee1986

There are two options, as shown on this page from LMC, although the same things are available from other vendors.

• The Coverlay cover that glues on the existing pad. That's the one Jacob posted about and it runs $120 - 140 depending on the color.

• Dash pad, which is a complete replacement pad. And if I remember correctly they come from Just Dashes, and while LMC only shows them in black, Just Dashes makes them in several colors. And they are $420.

There are two options, as shown on this page from LMC, although the same things are available from other vendors.

• The Coverlay cover that glues on the existing pad. That's the one Jacob posted about and it runs $120 - 140 depending on the color.

• Dash pad, which is a complete replacement pad. And if I remember correctly they come from Just Dashes, and while LMC only shows them in black, Just Dashes makes them in several colors. And they are $420.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the $140 covers that glue over existing dash? If so how was the fit and finish. Otherwise I'll pony up for the $400 dash replacement.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the $140 covers that glue over existing dash? If so how was the fit and finish. Otherwise I'll pony up for the $400 dash replacement.

I have, and I have one I'm going to use on Big Blue. They are very good, and until someone pointed out that there was a cover on my first Bullnose I didn't know.

But on Dad's truck I'll do the new pad.

I have, and I have one I'm going to use on Big Blue. They are very good, and until someone pointed out that there was a cover on my first Bullnose I didn't know.

But on Dad's truck I'll do the new pad.

I believe it all boils down to what you intend to do with a truck: daily driver = overlay; show truck = new pad. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The $420 for new with the latest plastic technology vs what might be available as used, is not too bad.

Examples of used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-Bronco-Gray-Dash-Pad-OEM-Pickup-Truck-Dashboard-TURBO-Diesel-1980-1986/372825595794?hash=item56ce231f92:g:lTkAAOSw0AxdvNqC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-FORD-TRUCK-BRONCO-F150-F250-F350-DASH-PAD-BROWN-NO-CRACKS-VERY-NICE/372890457951?hash=item56d200d75f:g:5AEAAOSwZgheA5oV

I believe it all boils down to what you intend to do with a truck: daily driver = overlay; show truck = new pad. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The $420 for new with the latest plastic technology vs what might be available as used, is not too bad.

Examples of used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-Bronco-Gray-Dash-Pad-OEM-Pickup-Truck-Dashboard-TURBO-Diesel-1980-1986/372825595794?hash=item56ce231f92:g:lTkAAOSw0AxdvNqC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-FORD-TRUCK-BRONCO-F150-F250-F350-DASH-PAD-BROWN-NO-CRACKS-VERY-NICE/372890457951?hash=item56d200d75f:g:5AEAAOSwZgheA5oV

Now if only someone would make one without the speaker holes! That's where they all fail, and I doubt any of us are rockin' the AM jams any more.

Now if only someone would make one without the speaker holes! That's where they all fail, and I doubt any of us are rockin' the AM jams any more.

Right! I bought a whole new pad and hope it does not fail here with the new materials.

It should be noted that the new pads take a bit of fitting where the clips go on.

I completely agree, but if I can share a rare piece of my knowledge, there's a company called Retrosound who specialize in classic car audio. They make one particular 6x9 speaker with inputs for both left and right audio - so you get a stereo mix out of one single speaker. So if someone had an otherwise-fine dash pad with a roached middle section, putting one of those speakers in the dash with a nice grille could be a good route to go.

I have one in my DeSoto, and I plan on getting another one for whichever truck I end up driving.