Bullnose Forums

2020 F150 vs 1982 F150

Ray Cecil

My company has almost exclusively Fords. Maybe 15 in the fleet, f150s to 450s mostly from this millenia but a couple rusty OBS trucks they pull out for snow duty.

Looks aside, Ive been impressed with them. We pull trailers on the hiway up hills and sometimes I have to check the dash gauges to make sure we are moving as fast as it seems.

Im not a fan of modern cars in general, but not because they arent generally good vehicles. For me the test is how easy they are to work on and how they hold up with 150k plus miles on them because thats probably when I will be able to afford one.

Well, this weeks rental is not the F150 ECO Boost, but it is an ECO Boost!!!! 310hp 4 BANGER!!! It does a pretty good burnout too!!!

#dontbuyusedrentalsinmtwashingtonkentuckyenterpriselot

:nabble_smiley_wink:

20200222_094845.jpg.478d740a6841b8756c814d390d35de0d.jpg

I rent 2018/2019/2020 pickups often enough to appreciate all you write, but I much prefer the style of the 80s trucks. Even your picture makes me stare at your ‘82 and ignore the 2020. If only you could retrofit all the mod traction controls etc. for driving in snow and ice... My Bronco likes to face in reverse during those conditions far too easily.

The alluring sound of a restomod Siren is calling in the distance.

Same Vic, I am loving the bull nose vs the 2020. That's a big ass truck lol.

With the stupid prices on new trucks, I think a guy could possibly make money on retro-mods. Modern chassis plus old school bodies.

Saw that with old school Broncos... they want $100k each

If some sucker is willing to pay $100k for a bronco, I say more power to the guy building them!