Bullnose Forums

Air intake hose [E5TZ-9B659-B] - NOS

Dave, if you happen to find a smog pump Ford part number E1TE-D2A let me know. I have been searching and have had no joy. From what I am seeing, they fit a lot of cars and pickups from 78 to 87. with California smog.

Call me, 928 273 7166, email me old55pete@cs.com, or throw a rock at me...…………………...lol

Steve - He's not likely to find anything with E1TE-D2A on it. First, that's not a part number, it is an ID or engineering number. Second, it isn't even all of the ID or engineering number.

Let me try to explain. Every part has two numbers - the part number and the ID/engineering number. But the part number is never put on the part. Only the ID/engineering # is put on the part. (Don't ask, I don't know why.)

And part numbers don't end in "D2A". Only ID/engineering #'s do. So I know that's an ID #.

Both types of numbers are made up of three parts. Let's take part # E1TZ 9A486-D as an example.

• Prefix: The E says it is in the decade of 1980 - 89. The 1 says it is 1980 + 1 = 1981. The T says Truck. And the Z says replacement part.

• Generic #: In this case the generic # is 9A486, and that's a thermactor pump. Every Ford thermactor pump will have 9A486 in its part number, regardless of where in the world it is used or on what vehicle.

• Suffix: That's the revision # if you will. A is the first revision, B is another, etc. BUT, B could be so different from A that the two cannot be swapped. Or, it may work perfectly. And there's no way to know from the catalog.

So, the ID/engineering # for the pump you are looking for is probably E1TE 9A486-D2A. Ford frequently leaves the generic # out for short hand. But, the ID #'s generic # is not always the same as the part #.

And, some people advertise parts by their ID/engineering number w/o knowing it isn't a part number. And some advertise correctly with the part #. So we need to give both #'s to David.

Where did you get that #? Do you know the calibration code for your truck? If so, we can get the #'s there.

Steve - He's not likely to find anything with E1TE-D2A on it. First, that's not a part number, it is an ID or engineering number. Second, it isn't even all of the ID or engineering number.

Let me try to explain. Every part has two numbers - the part number and the ID/engineering number. But the part number is never put on the part. Only the ID/engineering # is put on the part. (Don't ask, I don't know why.)

And part numbers don't end in "D2A". Only ID/engineering #'s do. So I know that's an ID #.

Both types of numbers are made up of three parts. Let's take part # E1TZ 9A486-D as an example.

• Prefix: The E says it is in the decade of 1980 - 89. The 1 says it is 1980 + 1 = 1981. The T says Truck. And the Z says replacement part.

• Generic #: In this case the generic # is 9A486, and that's a thermactor pump. Every Ford thermactor pump will have 9A486 in its part number, regardless of where in the world it is used or on what vehicle.

• Suffix: That's the revision # if you will. A is the first revision, B is another, etc. BUT, B could be so different from A that the two cannot be swapped. Or, it may work perfectly. And there's no way to know from the catalog.

So, the ID/engineering # for the pump you are looking for is probably E1TE 9A486-D2A. Ford frequently leaves the generic # out for short hand. But, the ID #'s generic # is not always the same as the part #.

And, some people advertise parts by their ID/engineering number w/o knowing it isn't a part number. And some advertise correctly with the part #. So we need to give both #'s to David.

Where did you get that #? Do you know the calibration code for your truck? If so, we can get the #'s there.

Gary, I got the number off of a tag that is on the top on the pump and there is no other numbers with it. It is also the number that all of the major part houses are asking for and it crosses to a Cardone part number 32-3290.

The calibration number is 654S-R00 and that goes to page 500 on the parts list. Under part discreption it gives the number E1TE-98486-D1A/D2A and shows the part number of E1TZ-9A486-D.

Gary, I got the number off of a tag that is on the top on the pump and there is no other numbers with it. It is also the number that all of the major part houses are asking for and it crosses to a Cardone part number 32-3290.

The calibration number is 654S-R00 and that goes to page 500 on the parts list. Under part discreption it gives the number E1TE-98486-D1A/D2A and shows the part number of E1TZ-9A486-D.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcraft-Smog-Pump-E1TE-A2A-CX-964-NOS/184130735925?epid=168834704&hash=item2adf0c0f35:g:pkwAAOSwZ3teIKj0

Close? :nabble_anim_confused:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-up-Ford-Truck-Air-Pump-NOS-E1TZ-9A486-D/303459690153?hash=item46a79b66a9:g:ahQAAOSwPqleIhm9

Yes sir, close. In the 4th picture, on the bottom, there are two bolt holes with a plug between them. On mine there is a pipe sticking out that the air delivery hose hooks up to

Yes, #'s on parts are frequently done in short-hand and the generic # is left out. You are supposed to supply the 9A486 in this case.

If the major parts houses are accepting those #'s it is scary because you could stick just about any generic part number in there. E1TE is used millions of times, as are D1A and D2A. So to order an E1TE-D1A could get you a radio or windshield wipers, or anything else. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So I'd stick to using the full part number and/or ID number. Those are the numbers anyone will need in order to search for the part.

Yes, #'s on parts are frequently done in short-hand and the generic # is left out. You are supposed to supply the 9A486 in this case.

If the major parts houses are accepting those #'s it is scary because you could stick just about any generic part number in there. E1TE is used millions of times, as are D1A and D2A. So to order an E1TE-D1A could get you a radio or windshield wipers, or anything else. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So I'd stick to using the full part number and/or ID number. Those are the numbers anyone will need in order to search for the part.

It's ironic that the major parts houses are using an incomplete number to cross to their part number. Still the fact remains is that no one has one. I even have friends scouring the junk yards in Sonoma county Ca. and north of there looking for one that turns( not frozen ) and can take the parts from the two and make one good one.

It's ironic that the major parts houses are using an incomplete number to cross to their part number. Still the fact remains is that no one has one. I even have friends scouring the junk yards in Sonoma county Ca. and north of there looking for one that turns( not frozen ) and can take the parts from the two and make one good one.

Dave, the second link you posted is it to a tee and I just bought it. I big thank you sir.

Gary, if you look at the second E-Bay listing, In one of the pictures it shows the, What I thought was a part number, on the tag with the break info also.