Bullnose Forums

new gas tank

Jcris

I haven't sent them, and now I'm glad that I haven't as I found this in Cruzin's FAQ's:

What is the "shelf life" of injectors that have been cleaned?

Whether they have been cleaned or not, injectors do not like to sit for extended periods of time without being run. After servicing the injectors, they are flushed with a paraffin-based oil to protect them during short term storage. If you will not be installing and running the injectors for several months, it's recommended that the injectors not be serviced until you are close to being ready to install and run them.

Since I'm probably a year from using them I'm thinking I'd better wait. But, I also found this, and since I have two sets of 8 injectors, maybe I can get them "matched":

Can you "flow match" or "balance" my injectors?

The flow rate of the injectors cannot be changed or adjusted. In order to make a balanced or matched set of injectors, you need to start with more injectors than are needed for your application. All of the injectors would be cleaned and tested. Then, the injectors that flow closest to each other are grouped in sets according to their flow. This, in essence, makes a "matched" set.

Gary, do you need some more 24#/hr injectors? I think I have 8 spares.

Gary, do you need some more 24#/hr injectors? I think I have 8 spares.

Thanks Bill, but I have the 8 from Huck and 8 from the F450 that Jim parted out. So, assuming all of those are good then I have enough.

However, I wonder if 24# injectors will be enough for Dad's engine?

Thanks Bill, but I have the 8 from Huck and 8 from the F450 that Jim parted out. So, assuming all of those are good then I have enough.

However, I wonder if 24# injectors will be enough for Dad's engine?

If you need larger ones, when I was working on the 1995 to 1996 454 Chevy conversion, the GM EFI guru told him to order the Ford Racing 30#/hr injectors. He said they were positively the best you could buy. Unfortunately Ford seems to have discontinued them. Summit is the distributor for Ford Racing parts. I ended up going with 47#/hr ones. Pay attention to the connectors also, the originals are Bosch connectors, the ones we got for the 454 and mine are USCAR connectors and I had to change both harnesses to them.

If you need larger ones, when I was working on the 1995 to 1996 454 Chevy conversion, the GM EFI guru told him to order the Ford Racing 30#/hr injectors. He said they were positively the best you could buy. Unfortunately Ford seems to have discontinued them. Summit is the distributor for Ford Racing parts. I ended up going with 47#/hr ones. Pay attention to the connectors also, the originals are Bosch connectors, the ones we got for the 454 and mine are USCAR connectors and I had to change both harnesses to them.

I can't imagine Big Blue needing anything more than the stock 24# injectors. Other than the Eddy cam, which is very mild, and a slight compression boost, it'll be stock.

But I'll have to think about Dad's when the time comes. Thanks for the tip.

However, will I be able to use your setup, or tune, with smaller injectors? Is there a parameter where you tell it what size injectors it has?

I can't imagine Big Blue needing anything more than the stock 24# injectors. Other than the Eddy cam, which is very mild, and a slight compression boost, it'll be stock.

But I'll have to think about Dad's when the time comes. Thanks for the tip.

However, will I be able to use your setup, or tune, with smaller injectors? Is there a parameter where you tell it what size injectors it has?

Yes, there are several parameters, engine size (for one cylinder) injector size and then there are various parameters for timing based on voltage etc. Adam will walk you through most of it like he did me.