Bullnose Forums

86 5.0 spout connector

Homer

wmspout.jpg.910fafbf35e9040e73a111a821021718.jpgDSCN0235_copy.thumb.jpg.f5bb74bc9a6642566bd8c28ffc6e2596.jpg

I'm having occasional hot start issues and decided to check the timing to correct or eliminate that as the source of the problem. I was looking for the spout and all indications were that I would find a square grey plastic piece in the end of a 2 wire connector (1st picture)and I couldn't find that. I did locate a round plastic connector with 1 wire entering and exiting (2nd picture) and in researching I located the photo with the round spout. Very little description with the picture other than spout and 460. The 2 pictures were copied from the net and aren't from my vehicle

I'm fairly certain the round thing I located is the spout and the question I have is do I just disconnect it to check static timing?

Yes, that's the way it works. Thanks for the feedback.

I'd have to check wiring diagrams, but the shorting bar (Ford's name for the grey connector) is in a different circuit, which you can tell from the red wires. SPOUT is always a yellow wire, usually with a green tracer.