Bullnose Forums

Part # for ford 300-6 duraspark

Johns3524

Hi Pete..what I’m really looking for is the 6 Point reluctor on the main shaft. They used to be available. Admittedly they will rarely need replacing, but to work on ignition timing need to be removed and replaced etc. I actually just want a spare or two especially since they seemed to have dropped off the parts map unless you buy a complete distributor. I have a complete spare diz buT only one complete spare. All that seem to be available are rebuilds, and foreign substitutes etc. I have found an msd replacement. When it arrives we’ll see how it matches..

Hi Pete..what I’m really looking for is the 6 Point reluctor on the main shaft. They used to be available. Admittedly they will rarely need replacing, but to work on ignition timing need to be removed and replaced etc. I actually just want a spare or two especially since they seemed to have dropped off the parts map unless you buy a complete distributor. I have a complete spare diz buT only one complete spare. All that seem to be available are rebuilds, and foreign substitutes etc. I have found an msd replacement. When it arrives we’ll see how it matches..

See if anything on here helps: Electrical/Distributors. (Just for you. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

I'm sorry. I read into what I wanted to read :) You used the right word, I read right over it.

I'm thinking there is a good chance that any of the 6 bangers with a Duraspark had the same reluctor. Meaning a trip to the junk yard might yield one.

As shown on that page, all 300 sixes from 1980 to 1989 used D5DZ 12A099-A, which is Motorcraft part # DT-6. However, since the prefix of "D5" means that part was created in 1975, it is likely that all 300 sixes from 1975 forward used it. And the only reason I say "to 1989" is that is the end of coverage of the catalog I have, and the "1980/" means from 1980 to the end of the catalog.

In other words, all 300's from 1975 through at least 1989 should have that part on them.

As shown on that page, all 300 sixes from 1980 to 1989 used D5DZ 12A099-A, which is Motorcraft part # DT-6. However, since the prefix of "D5" means that part was created in 1975, it is likely that all 300 sixes from 1975 forward used it. And the only reason I say "to 1989" is that is the end of coverage of the catalog I have, and the "1980/" means from 1980 to the end of the catalog.

In other words, all 300's from 1975 through at least 1989 should have that part on them.

Gary, any 300 6cyl with Duraspark, it was not used on the FBC or EFI engines as they have the TFI system with the shutter and Hall effect pickup.

Gary, any 300 6cyl with Duraspark, it was not used on the FBC or EFI engines as they have the TFI system with the shutter and Hall effect pickup.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I wasnt aware that the maverick early 70s used that reluctor. That wouldve been a smaller inline 6 right? like the one I had in my 66 Bronco. well thanks again all.