Bullnose Forums

My own pulley desire . . .

I've never had the new '82 Flareside apart. It looks like mine might be two pieces sandwiched together? However, one piece is fine if it works. I just want the same size grooves so my belt that fits the PS pump . .will also fit the water pump pulley. I think this is promising and appreciate it. I'll get a measurement as best as I can from mine.

My '82 pulley is about 6 3/8" in diameter. I measured with all the belts in place, etc. It may be slightly smaller. It is about 2" thick. The one I have on my Bronco is about 7" in diameter and also is about 2" thick. It just came from my box of pulleys, so I don't know what it is from. So if yours is about 6 3/8" or smaller and 2" thick, which it seems to be . . . . I would definitely be interested.

My '82 pulley is about 6 3/8" in diameter. I measured with all the belts in place, etc. It may be slightly smaller. It is about 2" thick. The one I have on my Bronco is about 7" in diameter and also is about 2" thick. It just came from my box of pulleys, so I don't know what it is from. So if yours is about 6 3/8" or smaller and 2" thick, which it seems to be . . . . I would definitely be interested.

Pete, the pulley diameter is 6-9/16" and it is 2" thick. The first two grooves are 7/16" wide, and the outer groove is 9/16" wide.

I looked again at the pulley in my '81 and it appears to be two pieces like the one you posted. The two inner grooves are 7/16" and the outer is 9/16" just like the single piece one, but it looks like it may be slightly smaller in diameter. It is hard to get an accurate measurement inside the vehicle. My speculation is that the extra diameter could be absorbed by the tensioning adjustments but that is for you to assess. The wider front groove means you probably can't run tandem belts with one of the back two, but if the back two are used for a dual alternator drive and the front groove runs the power steering then it would probably be fine. Anyway, it's an option if you want it, it's yours.

Pete, the pulley diameter is 6-9/16" and it is 2" thick. The first two grooves are 7/16" wide, and the outer groove is 9/16" wide.

I looked again at the pulley in my '81 and it appears to be two pieces like the one you posted. The two inner grooves are 7/16" and the outer is 9/16" just like the single piece one, but it looks like it may be slightly smaller in diameter. It is hard to get an accurate measurement inside the vehicle. My speculation is that the extra diameter could be absorbed by the tensioning adjustments but that is for you to assess. The wider front groove means you probably can't run tandem belts with one of the back two, but if the back two are used for a dual alternator drive and the front groove runs the power steering then it would probably be fine. Anyway, it's an option if you want it, it's yours.

I definitely want it, thanks! I'll send a PM.