Bullnose Forums

1986 F250 Lariat XLT, Supercab 6.9 Diesel 8' Bed

That is big money alright. :nabble_smiley_scared: Hope you are watching this one. Let us what it goes for?

Well, we're seeing some people pay upwards of $20k for trucks like this, so right now the market dictates (imho) that is where the ceiling is...but like anything else, it is a moving target.

I watch this stuff all the time, and it's kinda funny how the prices are. It is crystal clear that in order to get the big bucks for a truck, they need to be kept as original as possible. Aftermarket items that are easy to change don't seem to have much effect on price (like wheels), but when the modifications get into non-factory paint jobs and other items, the prices drop fast. Tasteful and functional modifications are worth big bucks, but to a limited market. Anybody can buy an all original truck just because he wants a classic and he can afford it.

A nice little 1980 F100 popped up for sale locally this week, and the damn thing is purple!! PURPLE! Funny, if it was red, or blue, or black, it would instantly double in price.

That is big money alright. :nabble_smiley_scared: Hope you are watching this one. Let us what it goes for?

Well, we're seeing some people pay upwards of $20k for trucks like this, so right now the market dictates (imho) that is where the ceiling is...but like anything else, it is a moving target.

I watch this stuff all the time, and it's kinda funny how the prices are. It is crystal clear that in order to get the big bucks for a truck, they need to be kept as original as possible. Aftermarket items that are easy to change don't seem to have much effect on price (like wheels), but when the modifications get into non-factory paint jobs and other items, the prices drop fast. Tasteful and functional modifications are worth big bucks, but to a limited market. Anybody can buy an all original truck just because he wants a classic and he can afford it.

A nice little 1980 F100 popped up for sale locally this week, and the damn thing is purple!! PURPLE! Funny, if it was red, or blue, or black, it would instantly double in price.

Yes, it is the survivors that are bringing the money. You can see that in the price that Big Blackie brought vs what these beasts are bringing in. BB was quite the truck and would have been my pick for use.

Man, that is a gorgeous example! I love the color combination and the interior is amazing for the age. It looks very original minus the fuel pump and filter system which is a good thing, particularly regarding the dastardly water separator they originally came with. I wouldn’t/couldn’t pay that much, but with so few in that condition it’s hard to say it’s not “worth” that much either. Seeing high Bullnose prices is bitter sweet. I’m glad to see they are recognized as classic and collectibles which should mean more aftermarket/repro support and fewer going to the crusher, but also the end of affordable and easy to get junkyard parts.

Man, that is a gorgeous example! I love the color combination and the interior is amazing for the age. It looks very original minus the fuel pump and filter system which is a good thing, particularly regarding the dastardly water separator they originally came with. I wouldn’t/couldn’t pay that much, but with so few in that condition it’s hard to say it’s not “worth” that much either. Seeing high Bullnose prices is bitter sweet. I’m glad to see they are recognized as classic and collectibles which should mean more aftermarket/repro support and fewer going to the crusher, but also the end of affordable and easy to get junkyard parts.

Price drop down to $21,000...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254510473300

Not sure if the market is ready to pay $20K+ for it, but I'd be willing to bet it gets into the low to mid teens for sure. Maybe not...who knows.

Price drop down to $21,000...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254510473300

Not sure if the market is ready to pay $20K+ for it, but I'd be willing to bet it gets into the low to mid teens for sure. Maybe not...who knows.

Big Blackie went for $15K the first round, and while he's heavily modified it was well done. Yes, this one is essentially original, it isn't that much better. Maybe $15K?

Big Blackie went for $15K the first round, and while he's heavily modified it was well done. Yes, this one is essentially original, it isn't that much better. Maybe $15K?

Here's a fairly nice similar diesel just listed for sale for a fraction of the price...

https://missoula.craigslist.org/ctd/d/missoula-1985-ford-250-lariat-4x4-69/7074804606.html

I don't really know what these versions of these trucks are worth, but $2950 seems cheap for one that runs and drives and looks as good as this one does.

Here's a fairly nice similar diesel just listed for sale for a fraction of the price...

https://missoula.craigslist.org/ctd/d/missoula-1985-ford-250-lariat-4x4-69/7074804606.html

I don't really know what these versions of these trucks are worth, but $2950 seems cheap for one that runs and drives and looks as good as this one does.

Like some parts of OR, MT, particularly Missoula and Helena have some really reasonable truck prices.

When I go up to Lolo to see family, my '82 barely gets a nod- many 7th gen's still on the road, more than a few in very good shape. Likely similar in many rural markets west of the Rockies, but there's also a burgeoning market of flippers.

OR and WA seem to have the least rust damage in the PNW. Although MT says they mostly use brine vs magnesium chloride, and only the latter to stabilize the former when needed, the underside of my family's fleet says otherwise.

ID started using a blue additive salt mix a couple years ago. Too soon to tell if it's eating the ID tribe's undercarriages at this point like the MgCl₂ seems to.

Thanks for the post, Cory, my brother's going to go see it this weekend.

Like some parts of OR, MT, particularly Missoula and Helena have some really reasonable truck prices.

You have no idea how badly I want to run around the PNW looking at old trucks for sale! I see ones all the time that I'd buy if I had access to them!

Thanks for the post, Cory, my brother's going to go see it this weekend.

Well that's cool. Tell him good luck! In the small pictures it looks like a lot of truck for the money.