Bullnose Forums

Blown 300 Six

Danny G

That is one strange looking carb. I've seen pics of them, but have never been around one. Looks like a standard Holley/Motorcraft accelerator pump on the side, but don't recognize anything else - except the backfire.

But when he revs it the thing sounds healthy.

I've got one of those 3.8L SC blowers.

What's it off of? The SuperCoupe?

Those Predator carbs will flow a lot of cfm but can be tricky to tune but flow like no other once they are dialed in. On a 300 though, I believe it's too much carb for it. If memory serves me right, the original Bigfoot used two of those on it's highly modified 460. I have been around one of those carbs and that one leaked like spaghetti strainer and it was on a 460. It wasn't stock by any means but not as modifed as far as Bigfoot's 460 and though it was only running a single Predator it was still a little big for it.

Those Predator carbs will flow a lot of cfm but can be tricky to tune but flow like no other once they are dialed in. On a 300 though, I believe it's too much carb for it. If memory serves me right, the original Bigfoot used two of those on it's highly modified 460. I have been around one of those carbs and that one leaked like spaghetti strainer and it was on a 460. It wasn't stock by any means but not as modifed as far as Bigfoot's 460 and though it was only running a single Predator it was still a little big for it.

Predator carbs were different in variable cfm and I think were capable up to 900cfm. They pulled only the amount of air needed for the throttle position it was at.

What's it off of? The SuperCoupe?

Yes, I had the complete engine but in moving stuff to make the city of Newport News happy (nothing could be seen unless you climbed a 6' privacy fence or pried a gate open) it got misplaced at Pete's. I was going to stick it in a 1996 with a bad 3.8L NA engine.