Bullnose Forums

Bullnose cues on new Super Duties

Ron - Yes, I've gotten on it in Sport mode. With my wife, son, DiL, and granddaughter in it. Did it just to show my son. He was impressed. :nabble_smiley_evil:

And, I routinely use Sport Mode when merging onto 169 North from 71st South in Tulsa. Two lanes merge into one before you get onto 169, and then that lane exits pretty quickly. So you frequently have to worry about someone beside you thinking they are going to be the one to have "the lane". In Sport Mode there's been no issue. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, don't miss that I have the Max Tow package, so I have 3.55 gears. Not the 3.23's most trucks get. I had a loaner one time that had the 3.23's and it took me a while to work out why it wasn't as quick.

The new trucks these days has so much stuff added to them that has pushed the prices up in to and sometimes beyond luxury car prices. You can't even just buy a basic stripped down work truck anymore, or what I would consider a basic work truck, no air, hand crank up windows, no power anything. But wow, the features that you get with all that technology is really impressive. A new truck is way out of my budget and they don't really appeal to me but to each their own as they say.

The new trucks these days has so much stuff added to them that has pushed the prices up in to and sometimes beyond luxury car prices. You can't even just buy a basic stripped down work truck anymore, or what I would consider a basic work truck, no air, hand crank up windows, no power anything. But wow, the features that you get with all that technology is really impressive. A new truck is way out of my budget and they don't really appeal to me but to each their own as they say.

With all of the standard features they are putting on new vehicles, you'd think a mandatory dash camera would be one of them with the way people drive these days. Haven't seen it yet.

I think a lot of manufacturers have started looking at this. Especially VW.

Ford has a stripped package now called the Cattleman, AM/FM Radio crank windows etc.

The other problem is the trucks are getting too big. The ranger looks to be the same size a bullnose.

They need to bring back basic packages, with options that don't required you to go to the next tier package, and allow engine options across the board.

I should not have to buy the top tier package just to get a diesel engine. Give me a truck closer to the size of the bullnose, with a option for gas of diesel with cruise and air and I am good. And keep the price under $15,000.

Ford has a stripped package now called the Cattleman, AM/FM Radio crank windows etc.

The other problem is the trucks are getting too big. The ranger looks to be the same size a bullnose.

They need to bring back basic packages, with options that don't required you to go to the next tier package, and allow engine options across the board.

I should not have to buy the top tier package just to get a diesel engine. Give me a truck closer to the size of the bullnose, with a option for gas of diesel with cruise and air and I am good. And keep the price under $15,000.

The problem is the price will never drop that much. Not in today's market at least.

I agree, unfortunately manufacturers will never bring back vehicles that the majority of the population can afford as long as they can rake in the large profits that they are currently are enjoying. That extends into most companies, look at the oil industry and their profits and huge annual bonuses they reward themselves with while they claim to be operating at a loss.

The problem is the price will never drop that much. Not in today's market at least.

"Today's market" isn't the main thing keeping truck prices above $15,000. It's 35 years of inflation! I ordered my '85 F-250HD new. Base list price was $11,348.72.

I added XL trim ($364), cassette stereo ($400), trailer towing package ($380), 2-tone paint ($303), speed control ($185) and a handful of lower priced options to bring it up to ~$14,000. But with no AC, carpeting and so forth it wasn't exactly a well-equipped truck.

We haven't been close to a $15,000 work truck for a while.