Bullnose Forums

02 sensor

old55pete

Have you tried going to this page (Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s) and walking through the steps?

If you have the calibration code it should be easy. But if not start with the Application To Parts List tab. That should give one or more calibration parts lists, then you go to that tab and find your list - which should have the O2 sensor.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Have you tried going to this page (Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s) and walking through the steps?

If you have the calibration code it should be easy. But if not start with the Application To Parts List tab. That should give one or more calibration parts lists, then you go to that tab and find your list - which should have the O2 sensor.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

- deleted -

- deleted -

That calibration # will be a big help if you are keeping it stock. With it you now know all of the details about the truck that will be required over the years.

A few years ago Numberdummy told me that he just will NOT look up info like that for people because it is so hard to do. So many questions that have to be asked. But with that calibration code you are home free.

Having said that, with the application list it isn't impossible. But it is lots easier for the owner to do it than for me 'cause I have to ask all sorts of questions that they already know.

That calibration # will be a big help if you are keeping it stock. With it you now know all of the details about the truck that will be required over the years.

A few years ago Numberdummy told me that he just will NOT look up info like that for people because it is so hard to do. So many questions that have to be asked. But with that calibration code you are home free.

Having said that, with the application list it isn't impossible. But it is lots easier for the owner to do it than for me 'cause I have to ask all sorts of questions that they already know.

- deleted -

• 1 month later...

Teach them to fish vs giving them a fish. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for learning, I took the Clifton Strengths Finder test recently and learned that I like to learn. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Except that E63Z-9F472-A is a single wire sensor. I've never seen a 2 wire O2 sensor - they either have 1,3, or 4 wires. OK, until you get to the current stuff that have 6 wire sensors... :nabble_smiley_sad:

Except that E63Z-9F472-A is a single wire sensor. I've never seen a 2 wire O2 sensor - they either have 1,3, or 4 wires. OK, until you get to the current stuff that have 6 wire sensors... :nabble_smiley_sad:

I have seen some early 2 wire sensors, signal and ground, right now can't remember what they were on, may have been GM stuff. Your Bronco in the 1986 EVTM shows a 2 wire sensor, DG/P for the signal to pin #29 of the EEC and O to pin #49 as a signal ground. The 4.9L shows the same wiring, but the 5.8L does not use the ground with the feedback carburetor. It does have a ground wire (O) at pin #49 to the engine.

I have seen some early 2 wire sensors, signal and ground, right now can't remember what they were on, may have been GM stuff. Your Bronco in the 1986 EVTM shows a 2 wire sensor, DG/P for the signal to pin #29 of the EEC and O to pin #49 as a signal ground. The 4.9L shows the same wiring, but the 5.8L does not use the ground with the feedback carburetor. It does have a ground wire (O) at pin #49 to the engine.

- deleted -

- deleted -

Ok, I have a question, did you transplant the entire harness, or just the engine part of the EFI harness? The reason I ask, is there are major changes in the EEC plug between 1986 and 1987. Power and ground were part of that pinouts for the EECs (actually everything I could find including EEC-III and the MCU systems) are here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/efi.html The 1985.5 and 1986 are the only truck systems that used the vacuum and vent control on the EGR and for some reason the MAP sensor was different, but the later ones seem to work ok on them.