Bullnose Forums

New bench seat and door panel options from LMC

salans7

If you go to the link above they also have a bracket to convert from bench to bucket seats (which they also sell).

My point earlier was that I can't find any statement on the LMC site that says the TMI bracket bolts into the factory holes. And I cannot find the link on the TMI site to their brackets to see what they say.

My point earlier was that I can't find any statement on the LMC site that says the TMI bracket bolts into the factory holes. And I cannot find the link on the TMI site to their brackets to see what they say.

You are correct, looking back it doesn't actually say the bracket fits the Bullnose trucks, it's just an assumption based on the fact that they list it for 80-86. However when I look up the same listing (on LMC) for a 73-87 Chevy/GMC K20, the bracket shown there looks different than the one on the Bullnose listing.

The TMI bench to bench or bench to bucket brackets bolt into the 4 factory holes in the floor of the truck.

Edit to clarify more.

From talking to TMI

The brackets are fit for 1980-1986 Ford trucks to use the existing holes. If you get a bench, and the bench bracket that pretty quick and easy. No drilling or modification to the floor pan needed. One lever whole bench moves

The same style is used for their bucket seats so it is not two individual brackets and still uses the factory 4 holes in the floor. Because of this you have two bars of the bracket running between the bucket seats. This space is filled by buying one of their console options. Two levers each bucket moves.

They recommend the bench or the low back classic buckets for Bullnose trucks. I don't like their door panels but do plan on getting their seats.

The TMI bench to bench or bench to bucket brackets bolt into the 4 factory holes in the floor of the truck.

Edit to clarify more.

From talking to TMI

The brackets are fit for 1980-1986 Ford trucks to use the existing holes. If you get a bench, and the bench bracket that pretty quick and easy. No drilling or modification to the floor pan needed. One lever whole bench moves

The same style is used for their bucket seats so it is not two individual brackets and still uses the factory 4 holes in the floor. Because of this you have two bars of the bracket running between the bucket seats. This space is filled by buying one of their console options. Two levers each bucket moves.

They recommend the bench or the low back classic buckets for Bullnose trucks. I don't like their door panels but do plan on getting their seats.

Hope this helps

You can see in the picture kind of what I am getting at, there are 4 mounting holes for the bracket to the floor formed to fit the contour of the 80-86 Fseries.

On the bench 4 bolts to attach the bench to the bracket and one handle to slide the bench.

seat2.png.9e91044e122ec5e65eae32aa80888174.png

On the buckets 4 bolts per bucket to attache the buckets to the bench and each seat has its own slider.

seats.png.39d7e616e42eb0a5dc569f5aeb918dbc.png

Hope this helps

You can see in the picture kind of what I am getting at, there are 4 mounting holes for the bracket to the floor formed to fit the contour of the 80-86 Fseries.

On the bench 4 bolts to attach the bench to the bracket and one handle to slide the bench.

On the buckets 4 bolts per bucket to attache the buckets to the bench and each seat has its own slider.

I see what you are saying, and I hope that the bracket does indeed bolt to the factory holes. But I've not seen anything from TMI that says they will fit the factory holes. Have you?

I see what you are saying, and I hope that the bracket does indeed bolt to the factory holes. But I've not seen anything from TMI that says they will fit the factory holes. Have you?

He spoke with them.

From talking to TMI

He spoke with them.

From talking to TMI

yep, TMI are really easy to deal with. You can text them on the website, call in or email. And you can order 5 color/material swatches at no charge.

I quite like these seats, but they're way out of my price range considering the exchange rate and freight charges I would have to deal with. I think they would look great in a restomod type of truck along with an aftermarket steering wheel and aftermarket gauges.

I guess the big question is, I wonder how comfortable they are. They look like they'd lower the seating position, at least a little bit, which may not be a bad thing depending on how tall you are.