Bullnose Forums

Speed Control Clutch Switch & Clutch Start Switch Mutually Exclusive?

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but black is almost always ground, and Circuit 57 is ground. But the "727 connector" bit throws me.

It looks to me like 727 is just a normal 2-pin connector passing the two wires. So I thought maybe you meant "717", but its pin-out shows a connection for #57 and another for #57A, and I assume the latter is from the VSS. So I'm guessing that the speed control amp itself passes a ground signal back to the VSS to complete the circuit.

In any event, I believe you are safe grounding one side of the VSS and sending the other to your aftermarket cruise system.

I think I worded my question wrong, but thanks for confirming what I was already fairly certain of;). I'll just ground one side of the VSS. Easy as pie. Thanks Gary.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but black is almost always ground, and Circuit 57 is ground. But the "727 connector" bit throws me.

It looks to me like 727 is just a normal 2-pin connector passing the two wires. So I thought maybe you meant "717", but its pin-out shows a connection for #57 and another for #57A, and I assume the latter is from the VSS. So I'm guessing that the speed control amp itself passes a ground signal back to the VSS to complete the circuit.

In any event, I believe you are safe grounding one side of the VSS and sending the other to your aftermarket cruise system.

I think I worded my question wrong, but thanks for confirming what I was already fairly certain of;). I'll just ground one side of the VSS. Easy as pie. Thanks Gary.

I've only had one cuppa, so while I am even normally easily confused, I am more so now. But glad we got it worked out.