Bullnose Forums

1986 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat on Ebay - SoCal truck

Does look nice. Rolled over odometer but taken care of. Earlier year tailgate and trim but color looks like it matches. Would be a nice jump in and go truck.

I thought that tailgate looked out of place but wasn't sure. Since my truck is plain and the one I had years ago was plain, I know nothing about the various trim packages.

I thought that tailgate looked out of place but wasn't sure. Since my truck is plain and the one I had years ago was plain, I know nothing about the various trim packages.

Judging by what looks to be holes in the bottom of the doors, I assume this truck left the factory with map pockets, and those seem to have disappeared.

Judging by what looks to be holes in the bottom of the doors, I assume this truck left the factory with map pockets, and those seem to have disappeared.

Probably about the time the window/lock bezels disappeared. Looks like the switches are there but just no bezels?

Probably about the time the window/lock bezels disappeared. Looks like the switches are there but just no bezels?

I thought the XLT Lariats had the tach.

Strange about the door lock bezels.

And the tailgate kind of looks out of place!

Edit: There’s no oil fill extension, assume it is standard equipment.

And the air cleaner duct is laying there. Funny the things you notice!

I thought the XLT Lariats had the tach.

Strange about the door lock bezels.

And the tailgate kind of looks out of place!

Edit: There’s no oil fill extension, assume it is standard equipment.

And the air cleaner duct is laying there. Funny the things you notice!

The front clip looks like it has been tweaked or messed with and thrown back together.

Notice the large gap on the right side between the grille assembly and the hood. And the grille insert is misaligned at the bottom. Yet the hood aligns with both fenders and the bottom of the grille is still aligned with the sheet metal under the grille. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Funny the things you notice!

Isn't that the truth.

And...the exhaust goes under the trans cross member and the skid plate is notched to accept it.

Again, driving down the road it's a sharp looking truck as is.

Looking at the engine bay - I don't see the spider legs on it but it still has the pumps. Would it pass emissions if needed?

And...the exhaust goes under the trans cross member and the skid plate is notched to accept it.

I believe that exhaust is stock. We were talking about it on a previous 1986 F250 w/460. Somebody said...Gary I assume...that sometime during the 1985 model year the 460 got dual downpipes to the muffler, and then a single outlet?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-F250-4x4-29k-original-miles-on-Ebay-in-Florida-tp43765.html

11.jpg.01529a7082c812f006daa4553bb96e1d.jpg

I believe that exhaust is stock. We were talking about it on a previous 1986 F250 w/460. Somebody said...Gary I assume...that sometime during the 1985 model year the 460 got dual downpipes to the muffler, and then a single outlet?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-F250-4x4-29k-original-miles-on-Ebay-in-Florida-tp43765.html

Oh interesting. My 86 was dual to the muffler and then single out but I thought it went over the transmission crossmember - will have to see if I have any photos but could very well be remembering it wrong. Mine also didn't come with a skid plate and the one I have on it now isn't notched and I assumed they were all the same plate.

Learn something new every day :nabble_smiley_happy:

Just found a photo of it up on the hauler at delivery and it definitely goes under the transmission crossmember like in your photo.