Bullnose Forums

1982 Flareside XLS(?) on CL in South Florida

Add it to you stable? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Haha...well, right now my stable only has one stall...:nabble_smiley_grin:

If I could get away with it, I'd have a whole yard full of Bullnoses...and probably a few Flaresides;).

I'd paint and decal it like the red XLS in the 1982 Brochure...

The fact that it would be an actual XLS model wouldn't mean much to most people, but it would to me.

If it were me... and I had my hands on an original XLS... I think I would restore it to the colors and equipment specified on the build sheet/Marti report. But that is just my preference and psychological perfectionism. Otherwise why not just clone one? I doubt their rarity will ever amount to much value, but I would want it back to factory as close as I could get it. This truck does not give up its secrets too easily, but I’m guessing it may have started life Raven Black. It is a repaint, but the door frame is black, and the clear edging of the certification label seems to be there and does not look like it was masked. The scratches inside the bed do not appear to be revealing any of the other bright or light colors used on XLS’s. Black ones frequently had the red interior and was one of the more common colors. So that’s my guess and I’m sticking to it! 😉

• 1 month later...