Bullnose Forums

1982 Flareside XLS(?) on CL in South Florida

Ummm… love that XLS dash trim and horn bar!

Me too David! If this truck is a real XLS, it would be worth returning to it's original state in my opinion. They are just so rare these days. I guess the only way to know for sure would be with a Marti report? I'm not sure if that would say if it was a real XLS or not.

Ummm… love that XLS dash trim and horn bar!

Me too David! If this truck is a real XLS, it would be worth returning to it's original state in my opinion. They are just so rare these days. I guess the only way to know for sure would be with a Marti report? I'm not sure if that would say if it was a real XLS or not.

The proof would be in the Marti report... but I am going to say 99.9% likelihood that it is an original XLS. He says the front grille has been changed (obviously) but the truck still has the black front and rear bumpers, black door handles and black windshield trim. Everyone loves the silver dash trim, but the door handles and windshield trim would be an odd and unlikely thing to swap.

The proof would be in the Marti report... but I am going to say 99.9% likelihood that it is an original XLS. He says the front grille has been changed (obviously) but the truck still has the black front and rear bumpers, black door handles and black windshield trim. Everyone loves the silver dash trim, but the door handles and windshield trim would be an odd and unlikely thing to swap.

Thanks, Jonathan!

That zero rust claim would make it a real nice candidate for somebody wanting to restore a real XLS model. Doesn’t look like it’s heavily modified or anything. Sure would look nice in red with the black and silver XLS stripes.

Add it to you stable? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Haha...well, right now my stable only has one stall...:nabble_smiley_grin:

If I could get away with it, I'd have a whole yard full of Bullnoses...and probably a few Flaresides;).

I'd paint and decal it like the red XLS in the 1982 Brochure...

xls.jpg.168e84522b52e97cb8edbef6de2d9ac5.jpg

The fact that it would be an actual XLS model wouldn't mean much to most people, but it would to me.

Add it to you stable? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Haha...well, right now my stable only has one stall...:nabble_smiley_grin:

If I could get away with it, I'd have a whole yard full of Bullnoses...and probably a few Flaresides;).

I'd paint and decal it like the red XLS in the 1982 Brochure...

The fact that it would be an actual XLS model wouldn't mean much to most people, but it would to me.

Follow your dream! :nabble_smiley_wink: