Bullnose Forums

1987 F350 CC 4x4 Oregon

That is a very nice truck... I don't know about this "just needs front drive shaft put back in" (doesn't this guy own a 1/2" wrench?) but even if the front end needs work the truck is extremely clean and the best year 6.9 if it's original.

I don't buy things like "Just needs the front drive shaft put back in." I've been bitten with simple statements like that too many times. If it is out it is out for a reason. So, if an item doesn't function, regardless of how simple the fix should be, it is broken and comes off the price.

Case in point: Rusty. "The clutch is out." Nope. The 9" was literally blown up. And, "The front drive shaft needs a u-joint, and is in the tool box." Nope. The splines on the front shaft, and rear shaft for that matter, were totally worn out. I think the total bill for two drive shafts and a rear diff was $900 - on a $500 truck.

I don't buy things like "Just needs the front drive shaft put back in." I've been bitten with simple statements like that too many times. If it is out it is out for a reason. So, if an item doesn't function, regardless of how simple the fix should be, it is broken and comes off the price.

Case in point: Rusty. "The clutch is out." Nope. The 9" was literally blown up. And, "The front drive shaft needs a u-joint, and is in the tool box." Nope. The splines on the front shaft, and rear shaft for that matter, were totally worn out. I think the total bill for two drive shafts and a rear diff was $900 - on a $500 truck.

Well said Gary, and exactly on point. One of my co workers bought a cheap Jeep and went to put the front drive shaft in only to find out that the front carrier and both axle shafts were missing. If it's out, it's for a reason and the fact that the seller isn't up front about it is a bad sign. That said, 4x4 diesel crew cabs are getting pretty scarce and demand is high. The truck is nice and definitely worth fixing but the price needs to reflect what is ~actually wrong with it. In this case I would start by asking to install the driveshaft before making an offer!

Well said Gary, and exactly on point. One of my co workers bought a cheap Jeep and went to put the front drive shaft in only to find out that the front carrier and both axle shafts were missing. If it's out, it's for a reason and the fact that the seller isn't up front about it is a bad sign. That said, 4x4 diesel crew cabs are getting pretty scarce and demand is high. The truck is nice and definitely worth fixing but the price needs to reflect what is ~actually wrong with it. In this case I would start by asking to install the driveshaft before making an offer!

I agree, didn't catch the driveshaft part.

Looking for cars for my daughter. Saw a nice one, at the end it says "just needs an O2 sensor".

Why don't you just fix it or get it fixed then sell it with that "simple" fix done?

Sorry about the Bullnose part, thought Ford guys may be interested.

I agree, didn't catch the driveshaft part.

Looking for cars for my daughter. Saw a nice one, at the end it says "just needs an O2 sensor".

Why don't you just fix it or get it fixed then sell it with that "simple" fix done?

Sorry about the Bullnose part, thought Ford guys may be interested.

I'm not worried that it isn't a Bullnose. We can post what we want to post, so don't let that bother you. But I just like the Bullnose far better.