Bullnose Forums

1985/86 AM/FM stereo radio with MP3 and Ipod input [used / modified]

That is a really nice offering. I like it. It would be nice if the seller could do the same with a 80-84 knob and shaft unit, but The jack would have to be mounted away from the face as there isn’t a place for it around the bezel opening.

Yes! Or, if they could add a bluetooth function, although there is probably a module that would plug into the 1/8" jack and receive bluetooth. Hmmmm, I think the Firefly might do it. From what little I understand it is powered from the USB port and provides the audio in via the 1/8" jack.

Yes! Or, if they could add a bluetooth function, although there is probably a module that would plug into the 1/8" jack and receive bluetooth. Hmmmm, I think the Firefly might do it. From what little I understand it is powered from the USB port and provides the audio in via the 1/8" jack.

If that guy could provide the AUX input on a short extension, one could mount it through the metal bracket for the cigarette lighter. It might be worth asking the cost to modify one’s own head unit. I like the company that fully upgrades the internals, but the cost for that service is prohibitive. A patched in AUX input might not be much better than a $5 cassette adapter, but it would be a little tidier and possibly better sound quality? And it could help folks that do not have a cassette unit.