Bullnose Forums

Transmission question

You are missing the little plate that closes off access to the torque converter. Not a huge deal, but a rock or somesuch could get throw in there on one of your dirt roads and rattle around a bit.

On my last truck I made one out of sheet steel. Gary should have a picture of what it looks like, I made mine based off of one of his pictures. It was pretty easy.

On my last truck I made one out of sheet steel. Gary should have a picture of what it looks like, I made mine based off of one of his pictures. It was pretty easy.

That is actually my picture unless you are referring to the one after powder coating, Gary was missing one and I sent my extra to him.

That is actually my picture unless you are referring to the one after powder coating, Gary was missing one and I sent my extra to him.

The one I copied was the powder coated one, but yours would probably be a better reference for depth of the inset section of the plate.

The one I copied was the powder coated one, but yours would probably be a better reference for depth of the inset section of the plate.

Shaun, the powder coated one was my extra I sent him. There is an earlier photo of it that I posted after I dug it out of my extra parts bucket.

Shaun, the powder coated one was my extra I sent him. There is an earlier photo of it that I posted after I dug it out of my extra parts bucket.

Sorry Bill, I was referring to the pictures, as in the picture with the powder coating versus your picture fresh out of the bin. It would probably be easier to see the depth of the plate when it's bare aluminum rather than with powdercoat.

Sorry Bill, I was referring to the pictures, as in the picture with the powder coating versus your picture fresh out of the bin. It would probably be easier to see the depth of the plate when it's bare aluminum rather than with powdercoat.

Am I supposed to be doing something here? I'm just reading the mail rather than helping.