Bullnose Forums

1984 F250 Diesel 4X4 90k Orig Miles on Ebay PNW

That's Big Blue's brother! Almost twin, but with a different engine and tranny.

Really well preserved. Wow!

Looks OK eh Gary?

Looks like there's a dent in the driver's door just forward of the lower mirror mount. One of the paintless dent repair shops could probably massage that out to keep the paint original. Otherwise, the old thing seems pretty decent. I love seeing those clean interiors and engine bays.

That's Big Blue's brother! Almost twin, but with a different engine and tranny.

Really well preserved. Wow!

Looks OK eh Gary?

Looks like there's a dent in the driver's door just forward of the lower mirror mount. One of the paintless dent repair shops could probably massage that out to keep the paint original. Otherwise, the old thing seems pretty decent. I love seeing those clean interiors and engine bays.

No, actually, it looks lots better than OK. And you are right about the dent and keeping the paint original.

But, the truck isn't what I'd want. Down here we need A/C, and as you've found out, that's not the easiest thing to add. And while I'd like to own a diesel, that and a C6 doesn't seem to me to be a good combo. Assuming 3.55 gears that thing's going to be turning 2800 R's at 65 MPH. And that's pushing the diesel.

Given the great rubber mat/carpet debate, I'd like to see the rubber mat pulled back and see what the floor looks like. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Assuming 3.55 gears that thing's going to be turning 2800 R's at 65 MPH.

Cert Label indicates "G3" so 3.54 Dana (Spicer) gears.

I like the truck, and it has the only automatic I'd care to drive in these trucks. But I'd prefer a stick. Interesting that the truck has a vinyl floor, and yet carpet on the back wall. I thought they weren't putting anything on the back wall on XL trucks?

Also, what is going on under the passenger side glove box? There's what looks to be a pretty big shield keeping you from kick the bottom of the A/C plenum, or accessing the bottom of the dash.

Also, what is going on under the passenger side glove box? There's what looks to be a pretty big shield keeping you from kick the bottom of the A/C plenum, or accessing the bottom of the dash.

Noise insulation. Did you notice it's also all closed in on the driver's side too? I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but it is the same type of shield mounted under the dash there too. Interesting. I guess it goes with all of the insulation still being on the hood too?

I'm familiar with it on my Volkswagen diesels. They have all kinds of noise insulating panels installed that are not present on the quieter gasoline powered cars.

Noise insulation. Did you notice it's also all closed in on the driver's side too? I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but it is the same type of shield mounted under the dash there too. Interesting. I guess it goes with all of the insulation still being on the hood too?

I'm familiar with it on my Volkswagen diesels. They have all kinds of noise insulating panels installed that are not present on the quieter gasoline powered cars.

You're right, I didn't even notice the driver's side. I've honestly never seen that before, but I definitely understand why. That really tells you how original this truck is.

I like the truck, and it has the only automatic I'd care to drive in these trucks. But I'd prefer a stick. Interesting that the truck has a vinyl floor, and yet carpet on the back wall. I thought they weren't putting anything on the back wall on XL trucks?

I, too, was surprised that there was carpet on the back wall but a mat on the floor. I wonder if the carpet on the back wall was part of the insulation package?