Bullnose Forums

Factory Air Horns

As part of the content dump Gary and I are working on (I managed to score some juicy information on our trucks), I never knew these trucks could be had with factory air horns. In fact I've never seen one. Anyone have a setup? I'd love to see one.

I'm sure this will be added to the documentation later on, but here's some pics.

Page-26-Image-26.thumb.png.04c24aca21ab2a99051837d8fbe33a6b.pngPage-31-Image-31.thumb.png.effcc6d305f1ae8efce45aa669750640.png

I have seen some Ford "factory" horns installed years back, actually they are Hadley "Bully" horns with the "Hadley" sticker removed and a "FORD" sticker applied.

You can still get Hadley Bully horns today.

I didn’t know they were available. Seems like something I need! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I didn’t know they were available. Seems like something I need! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Angelo - I've created a new page: Documentation/Accessories/Air Horns. But, I took the opportunity to show you how different approaches to getting the pictures.

I right-clicked on the two pics you posted, the one of the part numbers and the one of the illustration. And I cropped them to display only the info pertinent to our trucks. And you'll notice that the pics are somewhat blurry.

Then I went to my MPC and pulled up those two pages. On the part numbers I zoomed in to 200% and then used the snipping tool to capture the same info that's in your pic of the part numbers. You can see the difference as that approach makes it much sharper. But on the illustration I "printed" it to a picture at 600 dpi and then cropped it. It is also sharper than yours, but there's not as much difference.

Last, I then extracted those two pages into separate PDF's, cropped them, and embedded them on that page.

See what you think. Note that on the pdf's you can actually highlight and copy the text. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Angelo - I've created a new page: Documentation/Accessories/Air Horns. But, I took the opportunity to show you how different approaches to getting the pictures.

I right-clicked on the two pics you posted, the one of the part numbers and the one of the illustration. And I cropped them to display only the info pertinent to our trucks. And you'll notice that the pics are somewhat blurry.

Then I went to my MPC and pulled up those two pages. On the part numbers I zoomed in to 200% and then used the snipping tool to capture the same info that's in your pic of the part numbers. You can see the difference as that approach makes it much sharper. But on the illustration I "printed" it to a picture at 600 dpi and then cropped it. It is also sharper than yours, but there's not as much difference.

Last, I then extracted those two pages into separate PDF's, cropped them, and embedded them on that page.

See what you think. Note that on the pdf's you can actually highlight and copy the text. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The air horns are featured in the 1986 Accessories catalog, found under the Documentation drop down menu, and under the Literature tab.

They may be in the 1980 version as well, but I cannot check as it is on the way to Oklahoma.

I will check it out Gary, when I get home.

How should i go about sending you those PDFs we talked about?

I checked out that page, the resolution looks fantastic! I find you''ll probably be doing that a lot since most of what I have are like the original pictures.

I'm sorry, but there are three different "resolutions". Which one(s) look fantastic? (I'm thinking you mean the embedded PDF, but you didn't say.)

I checked out that page, the resolution looks fantastic! I find you''ll probably be doing that a lot since most of what I have are like the original pictures.

I'm sorry, but there are three different "resolutions". Which one(s) look fantastic? (I'm thinking you mean the embedded PDF, but you didn't say.)

Yes the embedded PDF's are super crisp. Excellent work!