Bullnose Forums

Parts Master Catalog

I wonder if we should work in the background? If you have anything that we can use on the site then we could email and arrange a way to get large files from you to me.

But if you want to start another thread that's fine. We'll still have to use something like Google Drive or One Drive to move the files in the background.

However you want to do it is fine with me, email works, threads work. Seems like I've got about 1000 pages of content to sift through haha.

However you want to do it is fine with me, email works, threads work. Seems like I've got about 1000 pages of content to sift through haha.

Just 1000? There are 3003 pages in my Text section and 2044 in the Illustrations section.

The issue is in the format. I have most things in PDF as it allows me to search them. For instance, I have the MPC OCR'd and can search for anything in it. But to OCR the scan has to be high quality, and 600 dpi works best. However that creates large files. Hence the need to use a cloud server to move them.

I can convert from images to PDF, but it is more work and causes errors.

So before you start doing a lot of work we should talk about how best to do it.

Just 1000? There are 3003 pages in my Text section and 2044 in the Illustrations section.

The issue is in the format. I have most things in PDF as it allows me to search them. For instance, I have the MPC OCR'd and can search for anything in it. But to OCR the scan has to be high quality, and 600 dpi works best. However that creates large files. Hence the need to use a cloud server to move them.

I can convert from images to PDF, but it is more work and causes errors.

So before you start doing a lot of work we should talk about how best to do it.

There's probably something equivalent to that in page count haha.

Yes that's probably a good idea. I've been saving it all and converting to PDF's so everything is searchable for you. I can get you those PDF's if you want.

EDIT: The more I dig into this I'm realizing I have 2 different catalogs and one of them is incomplete leaving off at section 20.

EDIT: The original post was for a door tag decode but Gary and I have been talking and it's turned into a content dump, just FYI!

If I could quote the illustrious NumberDummy:

"There is no such thing as a door tag."

Great work Angelo! We all love data, the more the better!

There's probably something equivalent to that in page count haha.

Yes that's probably a good idea. I've been saving it all and converting to PDF's so everything is searchable for you. I can get you those PDF's if you want.

EDIT: The more I dig into this I'm realizing I have 2 different catalogs and one of them is incomplete leaving off at section 20.

Yes, pdf's would be great!

As for two different catalogs, I ran across one that just has the A/C stuff in it, meaning Section 180.

So, what you have is digital? I'd be happy to do the conversion to pdf and OCR it. I have done that several times, and my OCR's blow the one available from Amazon out of the water.

Yes, pdf's would be great!

As for two different catalogs, I ran across one that just has the A/C stuff in it, meaning Section 180.

So, what you have is digital? I'd be happy to do the conversion to pdf and OCR it. I have done that several times, and my OCR's blow the one available from Amazon out of the water.

I have Catalog FPS 8472 both A and B.

I have a full HVAC section available. Section 180, in full. There are 170 pages for this section.

I have saved everything as high res PDF. Everything is labeled file wise and easily readable.

1235x1600.thumb.jpg.b462c9865c475fa252cdfcacb426a8bd.jpg

I have Catalog FPS 8472 both A and B.

I have a full HVAC section available. Section 180, in full. There are 170 pages for this section.

I have saved everything as high res PDF. Everything is labeled file wise and easily readable.

Yes, 8472-A is the 1994 final edition text section, and -B is the illustration section. That's what I have, in two versions:

• From HiPo parts, and it comes as a pdf, but the pages are just images. So I OCR'd it.

• From Forel Publishing. It comes as an OCR'd pdf, but the OCR'ing is poor. On one thing I tried there were 11 instances of that part number on the Forel and 33 on my OCR'd version.

But I know that there are things missing in what I have. And, I know that the resolution isn't very good, so the OCR isn't correct. For instance a lot of zeros are thought to be the letter O. So when you search for E0TZ 1234-A it doesn't find it. Given that I just search for 1234-A and then eyeball the E0.

So, if you have high quality pages maybe we can make this better.

Yes, 8472-A is the 1994 final edition text section, and -B is the illustration section. That's what I have, in two versions:

• From HiPo parts, and it comes as a pdf, but the pages are just images. So I OCR'd it.

• From Forel Publishing. It comes as an OCR'd pdf, but the OCR'ing is poor. On one thing I tried there were 11 instances of that part number on the Forel and 33 on my OCR'd version.

But I know that there are things missing in what I have. And, I know that the resolution isn't very good, so the OCR isn't correct. For instance a lot of zeros are thought to be the letter O. So when you search for E0TZ 1234-A it doesn't find it. Given that I just search for 1234-A and then eyeball the E0.

Turn that over. Does it say Forel Publishing?

Gary I have up to Section 20 of the Forel version, the other version is actual Ford text I believe. That version I have in full. Everything you've seen so far has been from the Ford issued one and not the Forel version.

They are sorted out into 2 seperate folders on my laptop.

This is the main one I have:

cover.thumb.jpg.bfeb5ebc37c9017a3bb4ed06928f4ba7.jpg