Bullnose Forums

THIS is a new one !

ozark2

1984/351/auto/tilt....8 degrees here, but started OK. Key was harder to turn than usual. Started and stopped 2-3 times..Got in last time..Key would not turn..at all.. Seems I changed cylinder a few years ago..but I don't recall taking column apart...or removing wheel. Where should I start ?..thanks..jerry.......

Jerry - Happy New Year! Sounds like the grease in your ignition switch, not the tumbler, or the linkage thereunto has set up. There's some info here: Electrical/Ignition Switch.
Guess I could wait till it warms up..and therefore softens grease !. I'm not in the mood to lay around in 8 degree weather. It happened in my barn..so I cant get it in my shop..Damn Murphy !!

In a message dated 1/2/2018 10:36:32 AM Central Standard Time, redacted_email_address writes:

The actual switch is on the side of the column. The place you put the key, is connected to the actual electrical switch. Start by removing he plastic covers on the column. You should be able to see the switch and the linkage going from the key switch to the actual ignition switch. I have seen then get stiff as you describe, especially when bitter cold.