Bullnose Forums

Diesel piston cooling tube(s) [E3TZ-6C327-A] - NOS

Those are up to a given serial # in 1985:

83/85 E-F250/350 - - "Before eng. serial no. 237016" E3TZ 6C327-A TUBE ASSY. (PISTON COOLING)-Press on type

Here's after that SN: 85/ E-F250/350,F(Super Duty) "From eng. serial no. 237016" E5TZ 6C327-C Bolt on type

Notice the available quality = 5... and virtually no one has the unobtanium install and alignment tools. I’ve never even seen a picture of them. If you carefully mark the block you can improvise, but it’s not for the rookie. Even when these were readily available, I’ve always pointed out that (for the price) your block had better be worth at least $400. For repairing a problem with one cylinder okay... but if it has to come completely apart I say seek a newer style block.

Notice the available quality = 5... and virtually no one has the unobtanium install and alignment tools. I’ve never even seen a picture of them. If you carefully mark the block you can improvise, but it’s not for the rookie. Even when these were readily available, I’ve always pointed out that (for the price) your block had better be worth at least $400. For repairing a problem with one cylinder okay... but if it has to come completely apart I say seek a newer style block.

Newer style, as in Cummins? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Newer style, as in Cummins? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Well, not exactly what I had in mind but technically it would solve the problem...

As much as I am a diesel fanatic and an in-line six fanatic you would think a 5.9 CTD would be right up my ally... but there are reasons I’m replacing my engine with another IDI even though it will cost more than a “Fumins” conversion...