Bullnose Forums

Blue Top Steering Box Sale

Bruno2

Yep, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. But it has now started early, meaning on Thanksgiving, and extended through the weekend. I bought my Surface Pro tablet last Thanksgiving evening on a really good sale at Microsoft.

So...both Redhead and Bluetop have Thanksgiving sales on. Bluetop $20 off, and Redhead $35 off...

Bluetop costs a little bit less, and the shipping is cheaper for me. Redhead certainly has a much larger brand recognition.

So...both Redhead and Bluetop have Thanksgiving sales on. Bluetop $20 off, and Redhead $35 off...

Bluetop costs a little bit less, and the shipping is cheaper for me. Redhead certainly has a much larger brand recognition.

So, which is it? I doubt you'll be disappointed in either.

Ive had the Red-head in for over a year.. No issues, and "'1 finger steering"

Redheads sale continues on Monday as well, so I may go that route. The Bluetop sale ends today, but the Ford boxes are showing out of stock and won't let me put one in my cart;).

I can't wait to have that 1 finger steering. Mine is really awful now (Not that it matters much currently, being parked now until spring).

So after a year of whining and complaining about my sloppy steering, I've finally pulled the trigger on a RedHead box. I was actually going to try a BlueTop, but they're out of stock currently. Anyway, the $35 off sale on the RedHead covered the shipping, so that's cool. Basically got it for list price delivered.

I won't be installing it for quite a while, but I'm still pretty excited about it;).

So after a year of whining and complaining about my sloppy steering, I've finally pulled the trigger on a RedHead box. I was actually going to try a BlueTop, but they're out of stock currently. Anyway, the $35 off sale on the RedHead covered the shipping, so that's cool. Basically got it for list price delivered.

I won't be installing it for quite a while, but I'm still pretty excited about it;).

Did you have an old core to send in? I've got one from the yard for the purpose.

I've been similarly on the fence and other projects always seem to demand the beer budget money.

Now that you've taken the plunge, maybe I'll give myself an early Christmas gift & send it to BB & we can post a comparison.

Did you have an old core to send in? I've got one from the yard for the purpose.

I've been similarly on the fence and other projects always seem to demand the beer budget money.

Now that you've taken the plunge, maybe I'll give myself an early Christmas gift & send it to BB & we can post a comparison.

I hear ya Dyn! I couldn't go another season with that sloppy steering, no way. RedHead boxes are $35 off for the rest of today (Call in orders only). Blue Top sale was Friday only, and it didn't matter anyway as they didn't have any in stock. From all I've read, it sounds like they're using the same rebuild process, so one would have to assume they're the same...or similar-ish?...lol.

I hear ya Dyn! I couldn't go another season with that sloppy steering, no way. RedHead boxes are $35 off for the rest of today (Call in orders only). Blue Top sale was Friday only, and it didn't matter anyway as they didn't have any in stock. From all I've read, it sounds like they're using the same rebuild process, so one would have to assume they're the same...or similar-ish?...lol.

By the way, is there a flushing procedure for the PS pump and lines? A way to do it with no PS box installed?

I'd like to start out with fresh fluid and get everything all rinsed out.

By the way, is there a flushing procedure for the PS pump and lines? A way to do it with no PS box installed?

I'd like to start out with fresh fluid and get everything all rinsed out.

I've done it on the truck by removing the low pressure (return) line and plugging the pump. I ran the open line to a milk jug and have one of the kids turn to full lock on both sides from the cab while I add fluid until it runs clean. Then shut her off, reattach and refill. Then lock to lock again until the bubbles work themselves out.

Although Valvoline makes a specific Type F, I used their MaxLife ATF, and it's sounded great for a little over a year now.