Bullnose Forums

Blue Top Steering Box Sale

Bruno2

Blue top 2757 is sold out... :nabble_smiley_scared:

So I quickly popped over to redhead and got confused! I assume when they talk about “INCLUDE PRE-TAPPED PORTS & PLUGS FOR HYDRAULIC STEERING ASSIST“ that mean power steering right?

Blue top 2757 is sold out... :nabble_smiley_scared:

So I quickly popped over to redhead and got confused! I assume when they talk about “INCLUDE PRE-TAPPED PORTS & PLUGS FOR HYDRAULIC STEERING ASSIST“ that mean power steering right?

That's surely what it means. But call them and ask? You'll probably want to do that to see if there are any specials going on as they do run specials.

• 4 months later...

You'll probably want to do that to see if there are any specials going on as they do run specials.

I've been following Redhead on Instagram and FB waiting for a sale, but nothing yet. What is the general consensus in the US for when the sales *usually* hit? Thanksgiving or Christmas/Boxing Day? I can wait...not in a rush.

And has there been any discussion in the past year over which gear is better? RedHead or Bluetop? Do we assume that they are basically using the same process to rebuild these boxes?

Any comments from the BTDT crowd?

I assume you found the answer to this question long ago, but the steering assist ports (an extra $100 charge) is if you are running the extra "assist" cylinder that mounts where a steering stabilizer would be. It is pressurized along with with the factory steering gear. Likely intended for the guys with 6 foot lifts and 35" tires.:nabble_anim_confused:

"PRE-TAPPED PORTS OPTION:

Red-Head offers a porting option for those that are either already running a hydraulic assist steering, or plan to in the future. If you choose to make this upgrade to the box (from the drop down menu), your gear box will come with two pre-drilled and tapped ports with plugs. For clarification, hydraulic assist is NOT something your vehicle would have come from the factory with, rather it is an upgrade that adds a hydraulic ram to the steering linkage to aid in steering. Most vehicles do NOT have this option, thus if you are unsure if you have it, you probably do not."

I assume you found the answer to this question long ago, but the steering assist ports (an extra $100 charge) is if you are running the extra "assist" cylinder that mounts where a steering stabilizer would be. It is pressurized along with with the factory steering gear. Likely intended for the guys with 6 foot lifts and 35" tires.:nabble_anim_confused:

"PRE-TAPPED PORTS OPTION:

Red-Head offers a porting option for those that are either already running a hydraulic assist steering, or plan to in the future. If you choose to make this upgrade to the box (from the drop down menu), your gear box will come with two pre-drilled and tapped ports with plugs. For clarification, hydraulic assist is NOT something your vehicle would have come from the factory with, rather it is an upgrade that adds a hydraulic ram to the steering linkage to aid in steering. Most vehicles do NOT have this option, thus if you are unsure if you have it, you probably do not."

Cory - That was a good find on the explanation. I didn't know that, and someone recently asked me about adding that ram.

As for BlueTop vs RedHead, I don't know. But, most Yanks won't know what Boxing Day is. The day after Christmas, right?

Cory - That was a good find on the explanation. I didn't know that, and someone recently asked me about adding that ram.

As for BlueTop vs RedHead, I don't know. But, most Yanks won't know what Boxing Day is. The day after Christmas, right?

Oh...yes...lol. I didn't know that it wasn't a thing in the US.

I'm just curious when I should be paying extra close attention for the sales. The shipping and exchange rate on these steering boxes make this an expensive purchase for me...every penny counts on this one, so I'll wait for a sale.

Oh...yes...lol. I didn't know that it wasn't a thing in the US.

I'm just curious when I should be paying extra close attention for the sales. The shipping and exchange rate on these steering boxes make this an expensive purchase for me...every penny counts on this one, so I'll wait for a sale.

I don't know when they do their sales. But, I'd call and ask.

As for Boxing Day, I ran into the term when living in England. But hadn't heard it before, or since for that matter.

I don't know when they do their sales. But, I'd call and ask.

As for Boxing Day, I ran into the term when living in England. But hadn't heard it before, or since for that matter.

But, Brandon/Bruno2 posted on December 30th about a sale at BlueTop on Monday, which would have been New Year's Day.

Well, Boxing Day, as far as sales go, would likely be our equivalent to the Black Friday sales in the US (Thanksgiving, right?).

Yep, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. But it has now started early, meaning on Thanksgiving, and extended through the weekend. I bought my Surface Pro tablet last Thanksgiving evening on a really good sale at Microsoft.