Bullnose Forums

Order Options

I know the options list on these trucks, and I know what came with what trim package. However, I was not alive at the time these trucks were sold, and am curious to know...where these trucks ever able to be ordered and option selected? Basically meaning could you buy a truck and select what you wanted even if it wasn't part of said trim package.

Main reason for asking is my fathers F250 is a base, base, base truck, as base as you can get for an EARLY 1985 (Feb 85, Canadian built model). However, it has a few options that were from new and for what I believe is not dealer installed, at all. It is a non A/C truck, F26 option code which denotes the 4wd option. Y vin, 300 engine with a K code trans, C6. Nothing special here other than the oddball Dana rear end...it is NOT a semi float Sterling 10.25 and is NOT a Dana 61. Axle code 23...although there is a discrepancy with that axle code as it denotes a 3.54 rear end and the tag off the pumpkin said 3L73...we can get into that later if anyone wants to argue lol.

Here's the options it has that as a base truck were not offered with. It has the sport instrumentation...meaning full 6k rpm tach and all the extra gauges, amperes oil pressure etc, also AM/FM radio with cassette. It also has map pockets which I believe were an XLT only option. I have never seen another base with map pockets factory. It does not say CUSTOM or anything above the radio, just a blank slate with, I've never seen another like it, a small plastic Ford blue oval on it. I can provide pictures (if I do the toggle switch was added for the snow plow).

This truck is as base as it gets other than those options....vinyl floor, non a/c, single cab, semi float Dana 60 rear end etc.

Could you order extra options on a base truck? Truck has been in the family since it was 2 years old and I highly doubt anything listed here was a later add due to having documented every change since then, including mutliple 351 swaps.

Angelo - I'm pretty sure you could order a truck the way you wanted. Go to Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/1985 Rapid Spec Price List and look at the F-Series Options tab. There you'll find that Instrumentation, Sports is Option 152 and is priced, both with and w/o the Trailer Towing/Camper Package. AM/FM Radio w/Cassette was #587. The map pockets were part of Convenience Group 94H and that was #772 for a Standard truck.

Angelo - I'm pretty sure you could order a truck the way you wanted. Go to Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/1985 Rapid Spec Price List and look at the F-Series Options tab. There you'll find that Instrumentation, Sports is Option 152 and is priced, both with and w/o the Trailer Towing/Camper Package. AM/FM Radio w/Cassette was #587. The map pockets were part of Convenience Group 94H and that was #772 for a Standard truck.

Did those apply to the LD 250? Seems like its either half ton or over 8500 GVW listed.

Did those apply to the LD 250? Seems like its either half ton or over 8500 GVW listed.

I'm not seeing any restrictions on what truck they can go on. For instance, the instrumentation option doesn't mention which truck it can go on, which says to me it could go on any of them. What are you seeing?

I'm not seeing any restrictions on what truck they can go on. For instance, the instrumentation option doesn't mention which truck it can go on, which says to me it could go on any of them. What are you seeing?

Most looking for spring options and axle codes etc.

Nowhere am I seeing the 4.9 as a base 4x4 engine.

The 4.9L was the standard on anything below 8600 GVWR, as shown below, which is from the 1985 brochure.

On the axle and springs, is the truck an F250HD?

Ah ok, I must have missed that.

No the truck is a 250 LD.

Here's a copy of the door tag for reference. Sorry it's a bit faded with age.

IMG_20160406_001515.jpg.d0590b4531ec9cb5cb94bdd8c32f975e.jpg

Edit, that front spring GAWR is is interesting, doesn't match the spec you posted above.

Ah ok, I must have missed that.

No the truck is a 250 LD.

Here's a copy of the door tag for reference. Sorry it's a bit faded with age.

Edit, that front spring GAWR is is interesting, doesn't match the spec you posted above.

The spring codes of 5 and 6 are front/rear respectively. The "6" crosses to E0TZ 5560-B via the snippet of the MPC shown on the Documentation/Suspension & Steering/Rear Suspension/Rear Springs page. And that spring has a 1786 # capacity, which gives 3572 total. Pretty close to what I think is 3580 on the certification label.

So, what there another question?

The spring codes of 5 and 6 are front/rear respectively. The "6" crosses to E0TZ 5560-B via the snippet of the MPC shown on the Documentation/Suspension & Steering/Rear Suspension/Rear Springs page. And that spring has a 1786 # capacity, which gives 3572 total. Pretty close to what I think is 3580 on the certification label.

So, what there another question?

3880 on the rear I believe.

I think we are for the most part cleared up, thanks Gary!