Bullnose Forums

Other Projects - Car and Non Car Related

Given to you? Wow!

Sure did! He said he didn't have the trucks anymore and didn't want to throw the parts out, so he gave them to me. I tried offer him $50 but he wouldn't take any money. So I hosed them down with some soap and water, ran some 000 steel wool and coke over them fairly lightly (didn't spend more than 20 minutes a piece on them really) and shined up the plastic a little.

Shined up pretty damn nice I'd say!

20200116_190942.jpg.f8ce0769dc08f323478e0a4ca73c0cd6.jpg20200116_195547.jpg.94b63d868d1d6868826fdd0b32f4172b.jpg20200116_195603.jpg.9bf4ec762e645ab2eacf6cf476cb23fd.jpg

Sure did! He said he didn't have the trucks anymore and didn't want to throw the parts out, so he gave them to me. I tried offer him $50 but he wouldn't take any money. So I hosed them down with some soap and water, ran some 000 steel wool and coke over them fairly lightly (didn't spend more than 20 minutes a piece on them really) and shined up the plastic a little.

Shined up pretty damn nice I'd say!

The are nice, that's for sure! :nabble_smiley_good:

Couple small scratches and dings here and there but very straight and very salvageable and could be put on how they are.

I probably wont install them on my truck but sure is nice to have.

My other project is definitely the remodel on the house. I could probably start a thread with 15 pages of pictures on that one alone.

I have one more load bearing wall to open up downstairs before I can finish the floors and then the downstairs is done. But we have been going at this place for about 4 years as time permits between life, kids, school, work, and other projects.

• 4 weeks later...

My other project is definitely the remodel on the house. I could probably start a thread with 15 pages of pictures on that one alone.

I have one more load bearing wall to open up downstairs before I can finish the floors and then the downstairs is done. But we have been going at this place for about 4 years as time permits between life, kids, school, work, and other projects.

Keeping this thread alive

20200214_143143.jpg.11c82b6093f6441de7f2ac612f871dc1.jpg

2 blocks for the price of one today!

2 old 20rs, 2.2L toyota 4bangers. 96hp, 120 torque.

Got these blocks on a good deal. One is almost useless with a chunk broken off where it mounts at the trans bell housing.

But hey, now my manuals wont blow away in the shop.

Anyways, these are gonna sit until the summer most likely. Bore the good one out, pistons, crank etc then swap my head and putter around the hills wishing I had power steering.

After Ive welded up the frame and cab. Rebuilt the carb. Ported the intake etc.

Keeping this thread alive

2 blocks for the price of one today!

2 old 20rs, 2.2L toyota 4bangers. 96hp, 120 torque.

Got these blocks on a good deal. One is almost useless with a chunk broken off where it mounts at the trans bell housing.

But hey, now my manuals wont blow away in the shop.

Anyways, these are gonna sit until the summer most likely. Bore the good one out, pistons, crank etc then swap my head and putter around the hills wishing I had power steering.

After Ive welded up the frame and cab. Rebuilt the carb. Ported the intake etc.

With those paperweights over the front wheels why do you need power steering? :nabble_smiley_evil:

• 1 month later...

With those paperweights over the front wheels why do you need power steering? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Over the last couple weeks I've been replacing 30 year old deteriorated vacuum lines on my '90 Town Car when it wasn't raining or too cold. This required me pulling the upper intake so I was also able to replace the EGR cooler lines and a new set of valve cover gaskets as well. Well I finished that project today and I am so glad to be done working on the TC, man things are tight in that engine bay. Now I can get a new battery and renew it's tag and take care of a few things on my truck, maybe a new intake/exhaust gasket to quiet things down in it's engine bay once my budget recovers.

Over the last couple weeks I've been replacing 30 year old deteriorated vacuum lines on my '90 Town Car when it wasn't raining or too cold. This required me pulling the upper intake so I was also able to replace the EGR cooler lines and a new set of valve cover gaskets as well. Well I finished that project today and I am so glad to be done working on the TC, man things are tight in that engine bay. Now I can get a new battery and renew it's tag and take care of a few things on my truck, maybe a new intake/exhaust gasket to quiet things down in it's engine bay once my budget recovers.

Sometimes the other, non-Bullnose, projects make us appreciate our trucks. Perhaps that's what they are for? :nabble_smiley_wink: