Bullnose Forums

Factory AC conversion thoughts?

Something I need for this swap that I don't have is the clamps to mount the accumulator. Parts 19D607 in the picture below. If anybody happens to have an extra set let me know. Gary if you're watching could you let me know what the proper part number is for these clamps? I don't see it listed in the AC parts listing on the AC components page.

Gary fixed it.

help.jpg.4c1facaf22273be7a50b307cafa88b98.jpg

Something I need for this swap that I don't have is the clamps to mount the accumulator. Parts 19D607 in the picture below. If anybody happens to have an extra set let me know. Gary if you're watching could you let me know what the proper part number is for these clamps? I don't see it listed in the AC parts listing on the AC components page.

Thanks for pointing out that they weren't in the parts number info. They are now at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC systems. And I only put the F-Series info on there.

But, just so you don't need to go look:

19D607_Header.thumb.jpg.630689ac3c8ea01eb18a505bebe53084.jpg19D607_Part_Numbers.thumb.jpg.9f18704c83e6f9ccec31d5bec735e27a.jpg

Shaun - I think I just beat you getting them in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You must have. Haha.

By the way, don't know how you pasted it in there, but I right-click the picture, copy the address, and then paste it in the "Or copy an image from the Internet:" option. But make sure that there's no number past the jpg. Sometimes when I edit the pic Weebly will put a number at the end. Just delete that back to the "g".

Shaun - I think I just beat you getting them in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks for the part numbers, that's great!

Nothing on Ebay or at Green Sales or on RearCounter. Ok...NBD, I can make a set. I figured if I could find them and they were cheap I'd buy 'em, but I might as well wait until I get the rest of the AC parts anyway.

Surely one of the thousands on the FB groups is parting out an old Bull with AC.

Thanks for the part numbers, that's great!

Nothing on Ebay or at Green Sales or on RearCounter. Ok...NBD, I can make a set. I figured if I could find them and they were cheap I'd buy 'em, but I might as well wait until I get the rest of the AC parts anyway.

Surely one of the thousands on the FB groups is parting out an old Bull with AC.

Wish I hadn't thrown all of that stuff out. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n48572/acparts.jpg

Cory, incorrect year, but could these be made to work? If so, perhaps a later model truck close to you could be the donor?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-3L-A-C-AC-DRYER-MOUNTING-STRAPS-FITS-99-00-01-02-03-FORD-F250-F350/123861673034?hash=item1cd6bb244a:g:HKcAAOSwy1ZdRKyr

• 2 weeks later...

That right there is the biggest item you need. Lines can be bought aftermarket, the system will convert (done properly) to R134a, but if you can score a later compressor (FS-10 instead of FS-6) it will cool better. The 1994-1996/7 AC casing will fit the 1986 firewall with no modification. I would also recommend a later inside duct for the heater core and blend door, the later blend door actually seals the heater core off in max AC. The 1994-1996/7 condenser mounts differently from the 1986, but is adaptable.

If it were me, (a) having done Darth and (b) having to adapt the entire system, I would definitely update to the factory R134a system, just grab an entire Serpentine setup for a 302 and use the newer, improved system.

Can the later 1994-1996/7 cab and firewall AC components be used with the 1986 style compressor? Is it just a matter of adapting the lines to fit between the two systems, or is it not so simple? Just curious.

Cory - Pulleys are a difficult thing to sort out. There was supposed to be a page (Section 60 Pg 5) on them in the MPC, as shown in the snippet below, but none of the digitized MPC's have that page. I'll climb to the microfiche tower later and see if I can find one.

But remember that the # on a part is not the part #. So the second pulley David found had D3AE 6512-AIA, and that's the # you'd be looking for in the Description column.

However, there were lots of ID #'s that correlate to a single part #, so I'll try to cross-ref that part # after a bit as well.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n47571/255_and_302_Crank_Pulley_Header.jpghttp://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n47571/255_and_302_Crank_Pulley_PNs.jpg

That would be awesome Gary, thank you!

I found this one below that almost matches 100%...it has A3A instead of AA...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-4-Groove-302-351-Crank-Pulley-D3DE-6312-A3A/254195743828?epid=1033857901&hash=item3b2f3f3c54:g:ucMAAOSwjR5awn6W

On painting the interior, SEM interior paint works very well, Painted my red interior to tan,

And yes swapping to an AC equipped cab is the way to go, I wanted to "install" AC into my stripped cab, The Owner of the JY that had a AC Cab said "if you want the spend hours trying the get all the blend doors wires vac lines ect, you'll never get it right in the stripped cab, Take the whole cab (completely rust free) and all components under the hood for $700.

Super glad I did!