Bullnose Forums

83 F-150

BeagleRock

Yup, that's the VV. Good design, but few knew how to work on them back in the day. And now, there's no one - unless Bill Vose/85LebaronT2 does.

Yes, I actually have a copy of the manual Ford used for training and have the low vacuum Magnahelic gauge needed to set the venturii diaphragm. I ran a non-feedback one on my 312, got 23 mpg with a Borg Warner 3 speed + OD in my 58 F100.

Yes, I actually have a copy of the manual Ford used for training and have the low vacuum Magnahelic gauge needed to set the venturii diaphragm. I ran a non-feedback one on my 312, got 23 mpg with a Borg Warner 3 speed + OD in my 58 F100.

I have a manual that was for training and it includes that carb. I'd like to have that one for my "museum". Maybe I can trade a 2150 for it? :nabble_smiley_grin:

Its 90% of the time the cold enrichment rod (CER) and/or the Control Vacuum rod (CVR) that's the problem. The other problem is the venturi diaphragm becomes brittle and leaky. Rarely the stepper motor. Like you say though ,when tuned right and ALL the vacuum switches and ECM along with the temp. And O2 sensors are working correctly, it's smooth!