Bullnose Forums

Padded Steering Wheel?

My 86 has it. Could be wrong but I don't believe it was a rare option as I've seen a number of them around here. All Lariats.

As far as other options there have been a few nice woodgrain aftermarket ones I've seen people using.

I don't have a great close up photo but the 3rd photo in the Camano thread is a padded wheel.

Also, Quarterwave has a nice wood one

The 1986 pricing guide shows the soft-wrapped steering wheel as standard for the XLT: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-rapid-spec-pricing.html

And Big Blue has one.

I cant see the attachments on this computer, is there a part number for this steering wheel? Two upgrades I want are tilt wheel and a thicker steering wheel.

I don't know the answer to that question. The price list calls it "Steering wheel, soft-wrapped w/woodtone applique" but doesn't give the part number.

And, I didn't have steering wheel part numbers included in the steering column part number listing, but I do have now. And here they are, but I'm not sure which one it is:

Steering_Wheel_Header.thumb.jpg.01104e221557054d5908a4dcbc019d68.jpgSteering_Wheel_PNs_-_1.thumb.jpg.262a55f2f65e9dc50ecccde722e901e3.jpgSteering_Wheel_PNs_-_2.thumb.jpg.0ad437e20c8db735ded2ec55823dc909.jpg

I don't know the answer to that question. The price list calls it "Steering wheel, soft-wrapped w/woodtone applique" but doesn't give the part number.

And, I didn't have steering wheel part numbers included in the steering column part number listing, but I do have now. And here they are, but I'm not sure which one it is:

I have a feeling its the simulated leather version

found one, a bit pricey. I wonder if I can pad and wrap it myself, granted the non padded version probably has the same OD and anything added would make it bigger... and without tilt that could get tight.

wheel.png.ed33081cd677302930a8e696ba9c905a.png