Bullnose Forums

What Have You Done To The Forum Today?

Not sure what is going on with the log-in. But I created a sub-forum in the gallery called Mike's Truck. Go see if you can upload there. If so I can change the name and description to anything you want.

Maybe by playing we can figure out what we like and don't like about it.

There a box that can add text to (type in), but no way to upload an image.

The text box doesn't have the "Quote", "Insert Image" "B", "I" "Link" ... "More", tools like show up above the regular posting text box.

This is what I get/see:

Gallery_-_Mike_s_Truck_1.jpg.3d7713844208994772d1c9c2ef50f55b.jpg

Then I click on "create first post" and get this:

(I don't know how to upload an image on this screen):

Gallery_-_Mike_s_Truck_2.thumb.jpg.c9ae814d49dc0fb12b3bb451d723ec6b.jpg

Not sure what is going on with the log-in. But I created a sub-forum in the gallery called Mike's Truck. Go see if you can upload there. If so I can change the name and description to anything you want.

Maybe by playing we can figure out what we like and don't like about it.

There a box that can add text to (type in), but no way to upload an image.

The text box doesn't have the "Quote", "Insert Image" "B", "I" "Link" ... "More", tools like show up above the regular posting text box.

This is what I get/see:

Then I click on "create first post" and get this:

(I don't know how to upload an image on this screen):

I'm seeing the same thing. :nabble_smiley_cry: I'm out and about, but will work on it when I get home this evening. Sorry.

No hurry.

- I'm just a test guinea pig for you right now.

If the Gallery is too much of a pain to setup for others, then delete it.

With Mike's agreement, because only he and I had pictures in there, I deleted the "Bullnose Gallery" that was on a separate page from the forum itself. That's because it required a separate registration and log-in from the forum, and that was both a pain and confusing. So, you should now use the "Picture Gallery" w/in the forum.

And, today I discovered/remembered that we can have a "favicon" for this site, meaning the whole of Garysgaragemahal, not just the forum. A favicon shows up on the tab you have open in your browser, at least it does on computers, and lets you see at a glance which tab you might want instead of having to read. Examples are the "G" with a circle around it for Google Search, the "f" set in a square for Facebook, and "P" all by itself for Pandora Radio.

However most of the one's I've tried don't really work as you can't tell what they are. But, the Ford logo seems to work, the one that is on the '82-'86 grilles, although it is possible that Ford might complain - although I doubt it as we are small potatoes and it really is a way of advertising for them. Ford uses the script "F" from that logo on their site, so it won't exactly be confused with theirs.

And then I hit on the Bullnose. What do you think????? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

bull_nose_mid.jpg.6f59821e8522c34ef6f2ed74599972ea.jpg

• 1 month later...

With Mike's agreement, because only he and I had pictures in there, I deleted the "Bullnose Gallery" that was on a separate page from the forum itself. That's because it required a separate registration and log-in from the forum, and that was both a pain and confusing. So, you should now use the "Picture Gallery" w/in the forum.

And, today I discovered/remembered that we can have a "favicon" for this site, meaning the whole of Garysgaragemahal, not just the forum. A favicon shows up on the tab you have open in your browser, at least it does on computers, and lets you see at a glance which tab you might want instead of having to read. Examples are the "G" with a circle around it for Google Search, the "f" set in a square for Facebook, and "P" all by itself for Pandora Radio.

However most of the one's I've tried don't really work as you can't tell what they are. But, the Ford logo seems to work, the one that is on the '82-'86 grilles, although it is possible that Ford might complain - although I doubt it as we are small potatoes and it really is a way of advertising for them. Ford uses the script "F" from that logo on their site, so it won't exactly be confused with theirs.

And then I hit on the Bullnose. What do you think????? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

While this change is really for the whole of the website (the forum is only one page of the website), many of you will consider it a forum change. So I'll cover it here.

Mike/CountryBumkin had pointed out that the menu was hard to read. So I've made some changes to improve that. First, I've changed the font that was being used to one that seems to be easier to read.

But, the most important thing is the significant increase in the size of the font - from 12 point to 16. However, that took another change in order to be able to increase the size. And that issue has to do with the amount of "nesting" that I'd done. The best examples, as shown below, were the pages of the 1986 EVTM. For example, to get to the first page of it you had to go to Electrical (red)/EVTM (green)/1986 EVTM (yellow)/Introduction & General Information (blue). And the problem was that if I increased the size of the font to make reading the menu easier the last few pages of the EVTM disappeared off the bottom of the page on mobile devices.

So, I've hidden the individual pages of the two EVTM's from the menu. To get to them you have to click on "1981 EVTM" or 1986 EVTM" which, as it has always done, takes you to an overview page which has links to each of the other pages as well as descriptions of what is on each of those pages. Personally, I find going into the EVTM's much better doing it that way as it allows me to back up to the overview and pick another page. And, it provides me an explanation of what is on each page/section, which the menu doesn't do.

Hopefully that will work for you as well, and I hope you'll like the larger font on the menu. But please let me know what you think, either way.

Hide_The_EVTM_Sub-pages.thumb.jpg.aa7fa16a7759d2b43011f406703c0794.jpg