Bullnose Forums

3-D printer Fog light bezel has been made and shipped!

reamer

Ron - That looks good! I don't know what the original arm measurement is, but Jonathan can tell us.

Remind me what switch you have and what you had to do to it to take the knob?

As for Rick's complaint, I agree that it looks "wrong". But, it is what Ford designed. However, we could easily fix Ford's mistake. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The threaded piece has a stick out of .25" and the toggle blade length is 1.15". The post with pics is in the other bezel thread:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Fog-Light-Bezel-Switch-etc-tp5111p5410.html

Ron - That looks good! I don't know what the original arm measurement is, but Jonathan can tell us.

Remind me what switch you have and what you had to do to it to take the knob?

As for Rick's complaint, I agree that it looks "wrong". But, it is what Ford designed. However, we could easily fix Ford's mistake. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The threaded piece has a stick out of .25" and the toggle blade length is 1.15". The post with pics is in the other bezel thread:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Fog-Light-Bezel-Switch-etc-tp5111p5410.html

If the arm length of the original switch is 1.15", then it can't stick out nearly the 1.25" that Ron says his does. However, I think Jonathan's measurement is w/o the knob, so we still have apples and oranges.

So, maybe Jonathan can measure with the knob on, or Ron with the knob off?

In any event, we are getting close! :nabble_anim_jump:

If the arm length of the original switch is 1.15", then it can't stick out nearly the 1.25" that Ron says his does. However, I think Jonathan's measurement is w/o the knob, so we still have apples and oranges.

So, maybe Jonathan can measure with the knob on, or Ron with the knob off?

In any event, we are getting close! :nabble_anim_jump:

Lets work on getting one to "print the letters"

Lets work on getting one to "print the letters"

Oh ye of little faith. :nabble_smiley_oh: My second run using high def acrylate passed both the automated check as well as the manual check. Yes, the letters were shown as a questionable area in the automated check, but apparently whomever looked it over thought they'd be fine as it has been released to production.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that this version doesn't have the recess on the backside to take the rubber flap, but I don't think that would keep me from using it on Big Blue.

Shapeways_2_Status_012818.thumb.jpg.ab88b67f7083e9927796009a91f735d7.jpg

Oh ye of little faith. :nabble_smiley_oh: My second run using high def acrylate passed both the automated check as well as the manual check. Yes, the letters were shown as a questionable area in the automated check, but apparently whomever looked it over thought they'd be fine as it has been released to production.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that this version doesn't have the recess on the backside to take the rubber flap, but I don't think that would keep me from using it on Big Blue.

The distance between bezels is 0.185"

The light bezel height is 2.3175"

The FOG LAMPS bezel is 2.3730"

The distance between bezels is 0.185"

The light bezel height is 2.3175"

The FOG LAMPS bezel is 2.3730"

Distance between my bezels/beads is .308 - .342" depending on if you push it left or right. So, assuming the mid-point of .325" mine is apparently .140" farther right than yours. Slightly more than 1/8".

And, my fog lamp bezel measures 2.375" top/bottom, so is .002" taller than yours. Pretty close. :nabble_smiley_good:

Distance between my bezels/beads is .308 - .342" depending on if you push it left or right. So, assuming the mid-point of .325" mine is apparently .140" farther right than yours. Slightly more than 1/8".

And, my fog lamp bezel measures 2.375" top/bottom, so is .002" taller than yours. Pretty close. :nabble_smiley_good:

My #2 printout is on its way! :nabble_anim_jump:

Shapeways_2_-_Shipped.thumb.jpg.243fa35e0318bc36b6aa4d3c004fa2a9.jpg

Gary, I measured the distance between the bezel beads on my XLS bezel and I am at 0.325 inches just like you said. It is hard to see with the rubber in between, but the slot in the switch bezel looks to be perfectly centered over the slot in the instrument bezel. When installed on the dash shell, I have exactly the same alignment problem. The blade of the toggle is way to the left side of the slot. The fitment of the switch in the dash shell is snug. This is very odd... 🤔🤷‍♂️

IMG_6667.jpg.0bcb2a37f9e7460382a87672e40f1097.jpg

IMG_6666.jpg.e53caa579d5227e09bee5e93c6d26fe7.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg.13a0190c5eb7f5c9875add6e5f38e89a.jpg