Bullnose Forums

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

Hi

Since last I did installed Bilstein dampers in the front, and been cleaning up Connections around the starter relay, and putting the column back together. Got the turn light switch yesterday. Getting the tilt bracket installed again With springs and all was quite a job wont recommend unless one needs to.

But it is going the right way and I am happy:=)

New and old:=)

Next week We will do the bench to bucket seat swap, last time we tried we stopped because holes in seats didn`t line up With those from the bucket seat.

When looking at LMC`s homepage they have a bracket to Mount bucket seat on, where seats screw into bracket and bracket has 4 holes, and Im guessing they will fit my holes, and I dont have to drill New ones. Which I would like to avoid if possibel.

In the swap my friend needs my bracket so cant use that.

Can I use LMC bracket? it is part number 49-5765

Seats I want to install are these, included center consol

I'm glad things are going well. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the seats, if I remember correctly you are swapping seats with another Bullnose - right? And that truck must either be a Supercab or a Bronco as those were the only ones that got the buckets. (Actually captain's chairs, as the buckets were lower and w/o arm rests.) And yours is a Supercab. So I'm confused as to why the seats won't directly swap. Can you say more about that?

As for LMC's brackets, they are designed to adapt their "Signature Series Seats" to a wide range of vehicles. The one you mentioned, 49-5765, supposedly adapts their seats to a Bullnose truck. HOWEVER, there are two different floor pans for our trucks - regular cabs & crew cabs have one front floor pan and Broncos and supercabs have another. And LMC doesn't tell us which floor pan that bracket fits.

So, there are two big questions: Will that bracket fit your truck, and if it does can you mount those seats to it? On the question of if it'll fit, I will contact my friend, and member on here, Keith Dickson to tell him that it looks like there's a bust in his catalog since it doesn't tell which floor pan that bracket fits. But he won't be able to tell you if the bracket will fit your seat.

So I go back to not understanding why your seat won't fit your friend's truck and why his buckets won't bolt into yours. Please explain?

I'm glad things are going well. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the seats, if I remember correctly you are swapping seats with another Bullnose - right? And that truck must either be a Supercab or a Bronco as those were the only ones that got the buckets. (Actually captain's chairs, as the buckets were lower and w/o arm rests.) And yours is a Supercab. So I'm confused as to why the seats won't directly swap. Can you say more about that?

As for LMC's brackets, they are designed to adapt their "Signature Series Seats" to a wide range of vehicles. The one you mentioned, 49-5765, supposedly adapts their seats to a Bullnose truck. HOWEVER, there are two different floor pans for our trucks - regular cabs & crew cabs have one front floor pan and Broncos and supercabs have another. And LMC doesn't tell us which floor pan that bracket fits.

So, there are two big questions: Will that bracket fit your truck, and if it does can you mount those seats to it? On the question of if it'll fit, I will contact my friend, and member on here, Keith Dickson to tell him that it looks like there's a bust in his catalog since it doesn't tell which floor pan that bracket fits. But he won't be able to tell you if the bracket will fit your seat.

So I go back to not understanding why your seat won't fit your friend's truck and why his buckets won't bolt into yours. Please explain?

Hi

He has same cab as me, (is it supercab?)

Not knowing if hi´s seats are original, but they do look like Ford to me.

The reason they dont fit is bolt pattern is different.

Mine obviously only has 4 holes and he´s has 8, but there is also a shorter distance between front and back holes.

Mine was 35 cm ish and his was 31 cm ish.

Does it make sense?

Hi

He has same cab as me, (is it supercab?)

Not knowing if hi´s seats are original, but they do look like Ford to me.

The reason they dont fit is bolt pattern is different.

Mine obviously only has 4 holes and he´s has 8, but there is also a shorter distance between front and back holes.

Mine was 35 cm ish and his was 31 cm ish.

Does it make sense?

I understand what you said, but I don't understand why that is the case. I really am confused as I thought that if the seats bolt into one Supercab they'll bolt into another.

And "Supercab" is one with the little back seat and small side window with no extra doors.

I know it would be a pain, but can you take pictures of your floor vs your friend's floor, maybe with tape measures laid in? I really would like to understand why things are different.

I understand what you said, but I don't understand why that is the case. I really am confused as I thought that if the seats bolt into one Supercab they'll bolt into another.

And "Supercab" is one with the little back seat and small side window with no extra doors.

I know it would be a pain, but can you take pictures of your floor vs your friend's floor, maybe with tape measures laid in? I really would like to understand why things are different.

Perhaps the donor truck had been modified/altered for the seats to fit?

Perhaps the donor truck had been modified/altered for the seats to fit?

Yes, maybe the seats aren't from Ford. So if he were to pull up the carpet or mat he could tell.

I have the blue seats including brackets from the 1990 F250 supercab I toke the interiör from (see old post) and just mensured the brackets there.

From front hole to rear hole 28 cm. On my truck bench 40 cm front to rear hole.....

Om pretty sure that was original seats on original interior

I have the blue seats including brackets from the 1990 F250 supercab I toke the interiör from (see old post) and just mensured the brackets there.

From front hole to rear hole 28 cm. On my truck bench 40 cm front to rear hole.....

Om pretty sure that was original seats on original interior

I assume these are the blue seats you mean.

f2506.jpg.ef45a9d4a8c60f4c61f1e230a6761ceb.jpg

Ok, let's take this seat by seat. On our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks you can go to the tab called Illustrations and then Seat Track Illustrations. And then scroll down to the last illustration, the one below, which is for the passenger's bucket seat.

seat-track-passengers-bucket-and-captains_orig.thumb.jpg.bf3411a8794783fd4e67e6421561ef35.jpg

In real life, those parts look like this. The thing on the left as well as the one laying on the other part are 6257 in the illustration above. Do you have those? And the big thing in this pic is the rest of that illustration. Do you have it? All of that is required to bolt a bucket or captain's chair into your truck.

Bucket_Seat_Base_-_Passengers_Side.thumb.jpg.29f6640486f66d790c814576fb3ac9f5.jpg

Then on the driver's side here's the illustration for the base:

seat-track-drivers-bucket-and-captains.thumb.jpg.fcfadaff1e08a430f270ca660c8bac09.jpg

And here's a pic of part of that. Note that these don't have the sliders on them, but you can see what they look like:

Bucket_Seat_Base_-_Drivers_Side.thumb.jpg.a3930d00be503b57c355f9029d269523.jpg

Do you have all of that stuff for the buckets? If so, then it should all bolt in to a Supercab.

I assume these are the blue seats you mean.

Ok, let's take this seat by seat. On our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks you can go to the tab called Illustrations and then Seat Track Illustrations. And then scroll down to the last illustration, the one below, which is for the passenger's bucket seat.

In real life, those parts look like this. The thing on the left as well as the one laying on the other part are 6257 in the illustration above. Do you have those? And the big thing in this pic is the rest of that illustration. Do you have it? All of that is required to bolt a bucket or captain's chair into your truck.

Then on the driver's side here's the illustration for the base:

And here's a pic of part of that. Note that these don't have the sliders on them, but you can see what they look like:

Do you have all of that stuff for the buckets? If so, then it should all bolt in to a Supercab.

I got this

IMG_3390.jpg.13a551829564a886275ccf840edb5528.jpg

and this

IMG_3389.jpg.54416dcaa1c6daf95bceec35487fcbb9.jpg

From what I remember these are very much like the ones I am considering swapping to.

Could it be that this is the original bracket on the 87- onwards Ford f250 ?

And do you think these bolt on to the LMC bracket,( that is supposed to fit my truck).

/Christian

I got this

and this

From what I remember these are very much like the ones I am considering swapping to.

Could it be that this is the original bracket on the 87- onwards Ford f250 ?

And do you think these bolt on to the LMC bracket,( that is supposed to fit my truck).

/Christian

Christian - I got this back from Keith Dickson, our member that now works for LMC: "I contacted TMI directly and they confirmed that the brackets available through LMC are for standard cab and crewcab applications only. They don't have a bracket specific to the Supercabs and Broncos, though they do have a universal bracket that will work with modifications."

So, the bracket in their catalog you are looking at will not fit your truck.

But, the brackets you show in the pictures should. Have you tried them? Pull your seat and see if they'll fit.

Christian - I got this back from Keith Dickson, our member that now works for LMC: "I contacted TMI directly and they confirmed that the brackets available through LMC are for standard cab and crewcab applications only. They don't have a bracket specific to the Supercabs and Broncos, though they do have a universal bracket that will work with modifications."

So, the bracket in their catalog you are looking at will not fit your truck.

But, the brackets you show in the pictures should. Have you tried them? Pull your seat and see if they'll fit.

Ok, so no easy fix through LMC, good to know. since it is an expensive bracket.:=)

I will give it a try, but then there's the difference between the holes 28 vs 40 cm.

Just drill new ones and use bolts?, ( feels kind a wrong).

See if if I can give it a try during the weekend.

Also got the column back together, now tilt works ( remember did´nt think I had one).

Fuse to turn lights keept blowing on right turn, turns out I had a corroded rear turn light right side.

Thing I might try LED´s with bayonet.

Turn lights work and truck starts from key.

Test ride afterwards, much improved handling on bumpy road, just need to get the rear ones in.

Celebrated with a cold beer:=)

Have Good Friday, to all who is reading.

Time here is past midnight.

Good night.

/Christian