Bullnose Forums

Headliner trim on non headliner truck?

Danny G

I'm sure you know this, but sound deadening works best in the middle of an unsupported panel. In other words, it won't do much if applied to a stiff piece like where there's a crease as that part isn't going to flex. And, if I remember correctly, there are creases and recesses in the inner panels of the roof. So I'd target the middle of those recesses.

But, I don't think the roof recesses match up with the recesses on that insert. (I'm too lazy to go look at Big Blue to see as he's in the shop and I'm snug and warm in the house.) I'd compare the two to see for sure, but I think you can lay mat into the recesses with abandon w/o causing any fitment problems with the insert.

you mean the two big recesses one over the driver one over the passenger?

I'm pretty snug and warm outside today (it's 80F here), ill go out and have a look when I get home.

Yes, those two recesses. I don't think they match the recesses in that plastic headliner, so....

I guess we will see when I get it. The red circled parts sit lower to the driver than the parts in between. Im thinking the in between bits are flush to the ceiling and the "pads" are hollow and not flush to the ceiling so some 80mil kill mat should fill that void.