Bullnose Forums

7200VV swap for Motorcraft 2150

BeagleRock

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know how I posted that pic because I want to post a better one. New at this type of communication lol.

BR - The way to post pictures is to click Insert Image, above, and then click Choose File and find the file on your computer, select it, and click Open. At that point you can click Insert Image on the open pop-up, which will put code in your post for the pic.

However, we are limited to pictures that are less than 1Mb, and yours is 3.5Mb so is too big. You can either edit it with software on your computer or select Big Size before clicking Insert Image. But, your picture is also rotated, and there's no provision for rotating on the forum. And that does take software on the computer. Just opening and re-saving it usually fixes that.

I edited your pic with Adobe Photoshop Express, which is free, and got this pic of a good-looking truck:

Beaglerocks_Truck.thumb.jpg.ce43f4bb6f01372840dee496abb7e5bc.jpg

BR - The way to post pictures is to click Insert Image, above, and then click Choose File and find the file on your computer, select it, and click Open. At that point you can click Insert Image on the open pop-up, which will put code in your post for the pic.However, we are limited to pictures that are less than 1Mb, and yours is 3.5Mb so is too big. You can either edit it with software on your computer or select Big Size before clicking Insert Image. But, your picture is also rotated, and there's no provision for rotating on the forum. And that does take software on the computer. Just opening and re-saving it usually fixes that.I edited your pic with Adobe Photoshop Express, which is free, and got this pic of a good-looking truck:
Okie dokie

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

BR - The way to post pictures is to click Insert Image, above, and then click Choose File and find the file on your computer, select it, and click Open.  At that point you can click Insert Image on the open pop-up, which will put code in your post for the pic.

However, we are limited to pictures that are less than 1Mb, and yours is 3.5Mb so is too big.  You can either edit it with software on your computer or select Big Size before clicking Insert Image.  But, your picture is also rotated, and there's no provision for rotating on the forum.  And that does take software on the computer.  Just opening and re-saving it usually fixes that.

I edited your pic with Adobe Photoshop Express, which is free, and got:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n5569/Beaglerocks_Truck.jpg Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/7200VV-swap-for-Motorcraft-2150-tp5495p5569.html

To unsubscribe from 7200VV swap for Motorcraft 2150, click here.

NAML

These any good?Screenshot_20171223-170842.pn

Hi Newby here in Oklahoma. Looking to ditch the 7200VV in my 83 F-150 w/351W in favor of the 2150 carburetor. I understand I have to change out distributor and go with the blue grommet DSII ignition box along with a wiring harness that's different from the DSIII. I would appreciate a simple solution to this alteration that a somewhat knowledgeable guy could do. Main thing for me is all the vacuum lines. ie; what goes where on carburetor, what's necessary and what to plug etc. Thanks in advance Beaglerock. I've also noticed a plethora of 2150 carbs to choose from,Should I get an 82/83 carb or will any of them work that has the automatic transmission connection on the linkage?

I am not a big fan of Chinese Chevy distributors, knowing what decent parts for an HEI cost, a whole distributor for $50 scares me. Do what was mentioned earlier, DS-II distributor and use a GM 4 pin HEI module and either GM or Ford E-core coil. You will still have to do some wiring to use that, HEI is a current hog and doesn't use a resistor.

I am not a big fan of Chinese Chevy distributors, knowing what decent parts for an HEI cost, a whole distributor for $50 scares me. Do what was mentioned earlier, DS-II distributor and use a GM 4 pin HEI module and either GM or Ford E-core coil. You will still have to do some wiring to use that, HEI is a current hog and doesn't use a resistor.
Was kinda thinking that was awful cheap! Shaft is probably made of pot metal that would snap off in a heartbeat. Additionally a regular dizzy from Rock auto was $10.00 more! Guess it's too good to be true! 

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device

Sent: December 28, 2017 9:50 PM
To: redacted_email_address
Subject: Re: 7200VV swap for Motorcraft 2150

I am not a big fan of Chinese Chevy distributors, knowing what decent parts for an HEI cost, a whole distributor for $50 scares me. Do what was mentioned earlier, DS-II distributor and use a GM 4 pin HEI module and either GM or Ford E-core coil. You will still have to do some wiring to use that, HEI is a current hog and doesn't use a resistor. "Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional"

Darth Vader 1986 F-350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator

Wife's 2011 Flex Limited

Daily Driver 1994 Taurus LX

Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/7200VV-swap-for-Motorcraft-2150-tp5495p5716.html

NAML

I agree . stay away. Just use a Duraspark distributor, rebuilt from an auto parts store. Then pick up the HEI module too. It's only about $20. Then a few wires, a heat sink and you are in business.

Or, buy my TMeyer distributor. Tim makes it and puts an HEI module in it so there's no need for a Duraspark module, just the coil. I have serial #1 from Tim and have powder coated it and sent it back to him for use on Dad's engine. Tim then ran it on the dyno for a few pulls and then brought the engine to me.

However, I'm now going EFI on that engine and will use a 460 dizzy, so that one is for sale. I'll sell it for half of whatever Tim is asking for a new one, and I've read that all we will have to do to make it work on a 351W is to replace the drive gear, which we can take from your existing distributor. But, we should confirm that with Tim.

I agree . stay away. Just use a Duraspark distributor, rebuilt from an auto parts store. Then pick up the HEI module too. It's only about $20. Then a few wires, a heat sink and you are in business.
Ok, sounds like those dizzies in the pic are junk.

On Friday, December 29, 2017 PetesPonies [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I agree .  stay away. Just use a Duraspark distributor, rebuilt from an auto parts store. Then pick up the HEI module too. It's only about $20. Then a few wires, a heat sink and you are in business. Pete's Ponies

Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/7200VV-swap-for-Motorcraft-2150-tp5495p5739.html

NAML

Or, buy my TMeyer distributor. Tim makes it and puts an HEI module in it so there's no need for a Duraspark module, just the coil. I have serial #1 from Tim and have powder coated it and sent it back to him for use on Dad's engine. Tim then ran it on the dyno for a few pulls and then brought the engine to me.However, I'm now going EFI on that engine and will use a 460 dizzy, so that one is for sale. I'll sell it for half of whatever Tim is asking for a new one, and I've read that all we will have to do to make it work on a 351W is to replace the drive gear, which we can take from your existing distributor. But, we should confirm that with Tim.
Sounds like a plan.  Let me see how work goes for the next couple weeks or lack thereof! Thanks

On Friday, December 29, 2017 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Or, buy my TMeyer distributor.  Tim makes it and puts an HEI module in it so there's no need for a Duraspark module, just the coil.  I have serial #1 from Tim and have powder coated it and sent it back to him for use on Dad's engine.  Tim then ran it on the dyno for a few pulls and then brought the engine to me.

However, I'm now going EFI on that engine and will use a 460 dizzy, so that one is for sale.  I'll sell it for half of whatever Tim is asking for a new one, and I've read that all we will have to do to make it work on a 351W is to replace the drive gear, which we can take from your existing distributor.  But, we should confirm that with Tim.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/7200VV-swap-for-Motorcraft-2150-tp5495p5741.html

NAML