Bullnose Forums

Hello! New member here...

ckuske

I went to a STAR station because I had gone to them when I last owned the truck, I was still in the computer from 2000. :nabble_smiley_what: I'll try to post my smog results in the next day or two when things wind down for the year and I have more free time.

My original color is '3L' which translates to 'Midnight Blue Metallic Paint, Ford #5616-A'.

That's what I'm going to get it repainted as. The letters on the tailgate were originally a lighter blue and there was a three stripe vinyl pinstripe that was lightblue-darkblue-lightblue that ran down the sides. I haven't been able to find ANY information about the colors if I wanted to get that reproduced. I don't know if the dealer added it or it was manufactured that way. I'm going to try to find a picture of the truck in the original paint/pinstripe scheme, too.

I also want to get the original wheels and hubcaps back on as well.

How about a page on tape stripes? Specifications/F-Series Tape Stripe Codes. :nabble_smiley_grin:

How about a page on tape stripes? Specifications/F-Series Tape Stripe Codes. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Thanks Gary! I saw this before but forgot about it. Looks like it’s Type 6.

Any idea how I can get color matching on this? Do we know if the colors match other exterior ones etc? (What exactly is Dark blue and Medium Blue for example)

Also I’ll try to move anything else to a separate thread but thank you for humoring me. :)

Thanks Gary! I saw this before but forgot about it. Looks like it’s Type 6.

Any idea how I can get color matching on this? Do we know if the colors match other exterior ones etc? (What exactly is Dark blue and Medium Blue for example)

Also I’ll try to move anything else to a separate thread but thank you for humoring me. :)

I thought the colors were the same as the exterior colors. No?

I thought the colors were the same as the exterior colors. No?

I wasn't positive, it was more of a question I guess. It makes sense, but I didn't want to assume.

I'm guessing I can look up the Pantone color codes based on the Ford paint codes and try to order tape from that eventually (get it custom made)

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

I wasn't positive, it was more of a question I guess. It makes sense, but I didn't want to assume.

I'm guessing I can look up the Pantone color codes based on the Ford paint codes and try to order tape from that eventually (get it custom made)

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

I haven't seen the tape available, but if you find it please let me know. I think you'll have to have the stripes created with paint rather than tape.