Bullnose Forums

1987 Ford E150 Flareside (What lol?)

I've seen a few like that on the highway, but only with a flat bed, not a Flareside bed. Strange. Bizarre even.

But it has a Bullnose bed, or at least fenders. And wouldn't the front wheel well openings have changed in '87 on the vans like they did the pickups? So this looks like a Bullnose van instead of an '87. Or, did maybe the vans not change that year? :nabble_anim_confused:

I've seen a few like that on the highway, but only with a flat bed, not a Flareside bed. Strange. Bizarre even.

But it has a Bullnose bed, or at least fenders. And wouldn't the front wheel well openings have changed in '87 on the vans like they did the pickups? So this looks like a Bullnose van instead of an '87. Or, did maybe the vans not change that year? :nabble_anim_confused:

According to Wiki, the 3rd generation of the E-Series went from 1974 to 1991. That's a long stretch.

"During its sixteen-year production run, the exterior of the Econoline/Club Wagon would remain nearly unaltered. In 1978, the Super Van/Super Wagon was introduced; based on the 138-inch wheelbase, it was a rear body extension allowing for extra cargo room or an extra row of seating (for up to 15 passengers). In 1979, a minor facelift updated the grille design; round headlights were replaced by rectangular units. In 1983, the Ford Blue Oval was added to the grille, replacing the "FORD" lettering on the hood."

According to Wiki, the 3rd generation of the E-Series went from 1974 to 1991. That's a long stretch.

"During its sixteen-year production run, the exterior of the Econoline/Club Wagon would remain nearly unaltered. In 1978, the Super Van/Super Wagon was introduced; based on the 138-inch wheelbase, it was a rear body extension allowing for extra cargo room or an extra row of seating (for up to 15 passengers). In 1979, a minor facelift updated the grille design; round headlights were replaced by rectangular units. In 1983, the Ford Blue Oval was added to the grille, replacing the "FORD" lettering on the hood."

Wow! That IS a looooong stretch. So this might be an '87 van w/a Bullnose Flareside bed. Right?

Wow! That IS a looooong stretch. So this might be an '87 van w/a Bullnose Flareside bed. Right?

Sounds about right. That is definitely a 1980-1986 Flareside bed...or the remnants of one...or the fenders only. It looks to be fairly homemade or heavily modified.

Wow! That IS a looooong stretch.

By the way...and I'm not sure why I even remember this...lol, probably trivia from an old car/truck magazine, but the full size Chevy van used to hold the crown (and possibly still does) for being the longest running production vehicle in North America without a platform change...1971 to 1995.

When it comes to vans...be it Ford or Chevy, what percentage of units built were cargo vans for work vehicles? 90%? Higher?..lol.

Wow! That IS a looooong stretch.

By the way...and I'm not sure why I even remember this...lol, probably trivia from an old car/truck magazine, but the full size Chevy van used to hold the crown (and possibly still does) for being the longest running production vehicle in North America without a platform change...1971 to 1995.

When it comes to vans...be it Ford or Chevy, what percentage of units built were cargo vans for work vehicles? 90%? Higher?..lol.

Maybe you guys missed it, but that thing is wearing a bullnose front bumper as well. Very strange.

Maybe you guys missed it, but that thing is wearing a bullnose front bumper as well. Very strange.

I didn't notice it, no, but it probably came from the same truck that the bed parts came from...lol.

These builds almost always arise from what they have on hand...bunch of old trucks kickin' around the farm...tear 'em all apart and build one!

I didn't notice it, no, but it probably came from the same truck that the bed parts came from...lol.

These builds almost always arise from what they have on hand...bunch of old trucks kickin' around the farm...tear 'em all apart and build one!

I agree. It is almost like "We have all these parts, so let's see what we can make with them, regardless of how ugly the result is."