Bullnose Forums

Dealer/Aftermarket AC Photos

kramttocs

I'll refer to the styles as:

All-in-one

Short-n-wide

Bezel-roll

Just let me know which photo you like best (figure you have to have some preference :nabble_smiley_wink:). Happy to pull as much or as little as needed.

I originally wanted the short-n-wide ones, exactly like the ones you pictured below. I'd gladly take those if they're just laying there and destined to be scrap.

Are there a couple different versions of these? The other red ones you pictured look a little different. (Less of a flange on them?)

Now that I know about the All-in-one style, I'm very interested. If that one at the junkyard is fixable, I'd gladly take that. It looks like it would match up well with the 1985-1986 grey weave bezels? If it is the one in the blue dash, it looks like the left hand vent is busted and missing fins? I'd probably never be able to find another one of those diffusers.

The Bezel-roll vents I've seen, and I was interested in those until I saw how they attached. They'd probably be a pain to make work since I'm planning on running 2" or 2.5" flex duct to the backs of them.

So this brings me back to the Short-N-wide, or the All-in-one. If the short-n-wides with the silver edging are well enough to use I'd love to have them. If the all-in-one is repairable, I'd REALLY love to have it and the metal bracket you mention that goes behind it. I don't need any duct work since I'm planning on an aftermarket AC unit.

Yeah - looks like there are two styles. I agree, the ones with the wider flange and edging look nice. Next time I am in the jy I'll pick those up and check out the all-in-one more closely. Just visually looking at my grandfathers I really think it takes the normal factory ac dash vents so you should be in luck there.

Yeah - looks like there are two styles. I agree, the ones with the wider flange and edging look nice. Next time I am in the jy I'll pick those up and check out the all-in-one more closely. Just visually looking at my grandfathers I really think it takes the normal factory ac dash vents so you should be in luck there.

I am utterly jealous of your junk yard. The two oldest trucks in my JY are 1997 and 1993.

I am utterly jealous of your junk yard. The two oldest trucks in my JY are 1997 and 1993.

It's definitely nice to have nearby. I've mentioned it before but feel free to pm me or point me to a post in the 'wanted' section if you want me to look for something for you.

Same thing around here. Our junkyards are full of those 1997-2008 era F150's that are all rusted into oblivion. There is a small handful of 1992-1996 F series trucks there, and anything older than that is really rare.

Same thing around here. Our junkyards are full of those 1997-2008 era F150's that are all rusted into oblivion. There is a small handful of 1992-1996 F series trucks there, and anything older than that is really rare.

Im sure we have some in the area but most of the JY here are scrap yards. They wont let you on to see what they have, and if they deal in parts you still can't browse what they have, and have to pay them to pull parts for you.

Google shows me some stuff about 100+ miles away and that's about it. I would like to get new A-pillar trim since mine is cracked. But I would also like to be able to walk a JY and just grab stuff to have it on hand or even to sell off/trade.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll refer to the styles as:

All-in-one

Short-n-wide

Bezel-roll

Just let me know which photo you like best (figure you have to have some preference :nabble_smiley_wink:). Happy to pull as much or as little as needed.

I originally wanted the short-n-wide ones, exactly like the ones you pictured below. I'd gladly take those if they're just laying there and destined to be scrap.

Are there a couple different versions of these? The other red ones you pictured look a little different. (Less of a flange on them?)

Now that I know about the All-in-one style, I'm very interested. If that one at the junkyard is fixable, I'd gladly take that. It looks like it would match up well with the 1985-1986 grey weave bezels? If it is the one in the blue dash, it looks like the left hand vent is busted and missing fins? I'd probably never be able to find another one of those diffusers.

The Bezel-roll vents I've seen, and I was interested in those until I saw how they attached. They'd probably be a pain to make work since I'm planning on running 2" or 2.5" flex duct to the backs of them.

So this brings me back to the Short-N-wide, or the All-in-one. If the short-n-wides with the silver edging are well enough to use I'd love to have them. If the all-in-one is repairable, I'd REALLY love to have it and the metal bracket you mention that goes behind it. I don't need any duct work since I'm planning on an aftermarket AC unit.

Pulled the all-in-one today:

IMG_20191207_153911.thumb.jpg.1a1c8127188548496ade8cb1544cca80.jpg

IMG_20191207_153949.thumb.jpg.d67e01b0b80464c47bea6fa1a890fd5b.jpg

IMG_20191207_154024.jpg.8c5dece9208e7736626827eb6dcfcee9.jpg

Turns out that the whole section of the original dash between the two vents gets cut out and then the plate on the back sandwiches the top and bottom edges. Not sure if one could get away without doing that or not.

I need to bring the unit in the house to warm up and I can see if the vents can be removed and replaced with the factory ac vents.

I had the short-n-wide ones but upon looking closer they weren't that great so I didn't pull them. There are a couple other trucks in the yard with those that haven't been laying exposed in a bed for years that I can pull if you want to go with them.

Pulled the all-in-one today:

Turns out that the whole section of the original dash between the two vents gets cut out and then the plate on the back sandwiches the top and bottom edges. Not sure if one could get away without doing that or not.

I need to bring the unit in the house to warm up and I can see if the vents can be removed and replaced with the factory ac vents.

I had the short-n-wide ones but upon looking closer they weren't that great so I didn't pull them. There are a couple other trucks in the yard with those that haven't been laying exposed in a bed for years that I can pull if you want to go with them.

Scott I sent you an email FYI In case it went into your junk folder.

• 1 month later...