Bullnose Forums

Dealer/Aftermarket AC Photos

kramttocs

Took some photos of the various dealer/aftermarket ac bezels/controls from some trucks at the jy as well as two of mine.

Dumping them all here for your browsing pleasure. I don't have any details of the trucks (except mine [80,86]) but can get them if needed the next time I am in the jy.

1.jpg.ac78bb26b508280abbf28c7d24d4bd62.jpg

2.jpg.221811b520a09642ddc224197878da59.jpg

3.jpg.1c58f016b1dfadacbfae0e37b22689f0.jpg

4.jpg.1d3e6325cf03623945043669e7b7addd.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.f300780c66b8aac8322ed01d2f514d53.jpg

Well done, Scott. :nabble_smiley_good:

I had no idea there were that many different A/C installations.

Yes, cool thread! I love this stuff. I have been saving some pictures of the dealer AC parts myself.

Scott, I am looking for a nice set of AC vents for the passenger side if you ever come across a set at the junkyard that are easy to remove. I'm not really fussy on which ones they are, as long as they clean up OK. I've kinda zeroed in on dealer AC vents so that I don't have to change out my whole dash to a factory AC dash (in which case I'd also have to find a whole AC dash...lol). Anyway...if you come across any I'd be happy to buy them.

I just received my grey weave instrument bezel with factory AC this week. I had been looking for one for about a year and finally decided to grab this one on Ebay.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n44298/19.jpg

Well that's interesting. I don't believe I've seen this style before. Is this one of the rarer styles?

My grandfathers truck and the one in the jy are the only two I've seen or noticed with that style.

It definitely is the most stock in appearance and even the duct work behind it looks more factory. It's a humped solid piece that goes most of the way across the dash with only short runs of flex. The other style I saw had longer runs of flex and thus the passenger side plenum was a smaller box.

I'll refer to the styles as:

All-in-one

Short-n-wide

Bezel-roll

(someone should come up with better names :nabble_smiley_happy:)

The all-in-one in the jy I know has a crack near the right vent but some epoxy on the back and I doubt one would notice (iirc).

It has a bracket/plate that goes all along the back between the two vents and there are 3 screws holding the all-in-one bezel to the dash.

The bezel-roll screws into brackets built into the duct work behind (see photos).

The short-n-wide snaps into the dash (see photos).

...in cases the attachment matters.

If you want nice, I've been watching this to see what it goes for: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-1981-Ford-Bronco-Light-Truck-A-C-Evaporator-System-Bezel-Kit-dp/263739946959

I don't see the main duct work so might still have to piece it together some.

Just let me know which photo you like best (figure you have to have some preference :nabble_smiley_wink:). Happy to pull as much or as little as needed.

I'll refer to the styles as:

All-in-one

Short-n-wide

Bezel-roll

Just let me know which photo you like best (figure you have to have some preference :nabble_smiley_wink:). Happy to pull as much or as little as needed.

I originally wanted the short-n-wide ones, exactly like the ones you pictured below. I'd gladly take those if they're just laying there and destined to be scrap.

15.thumb.jpg.8f5d1c0a04e65583a8aec347d7084ccb.jpg

Are there a couple different versions of these? The other red ones you pictured look a little different. (Less of a flange on them?)

23.jpg.7fabdd21609214444511d68fe5ae8ff6.jpg

Now that I know about the All-in-one style, I'm very interested. If that one at the junkyard is fixable, I'd gladly take that. It looks like it would match up well with the 1985-1986 grey weave bezels? If it is the one in the blue dash, it looks like the left hand vent is busted and missing fins? I'd probably never be able to find another one of those diffusers.

The Bezel-roll vents I've seen, and I was interested in those until I saw how they attached. They'd probably be a pain to make work since I'm planning on running 2" or 2.5" flex duct to the backs of them.

So this brings me back to the Short-N-wide, or the All-in-one. If the short-n-wides with the silver edging are well enough to use I'd love to have them. If the all-in-one is repairable, I'd REALLY love to have it and the metal bracket you mention that goes behind it. I don't need any duct work since I'm planning on an aftermarket AC unit.