Bullnose Forums

That is a great price for a flareside but the picture is really horrible. Very lazy seller, no location mentioned but his FB profile says North Carolina. Says bad clutch that chatters, I wonder if he knows how to adjust the mechanical linkage? At any rate it’s not a horrible job to change. Funny that a lot of the strip down models were flareside. I wonder what was cheaper for Ford to make? Stylside ir flare?

Funny that a lot of the strip down models were flareside. I wonder what was cheaper for Ford to make? Stylside ir flare?

My '84 Flareside was a stripped down model. Only two options above absolute base that I'm aware of are the 302 V8 and the gauges in the dash. Possibly the rear bumper too? I can't think of any other options on the truck. My truck has power brakes and power steering, but I think they were both standard equipment by 1984? I've seen manual brakes and manual steering Bullnoses, but usually only 1980-1981 models.

Funny that a lot of the strip down models were flareside. I wonder what was cheaper for Ford to make? Stylside ir flare?

My '84 Flareside was a stripped down model. Only two options above absolute base that I'm aware of are the 302 V8 and the gauges in the dash. Possibly the rear bumper too? I can't think of any other options on the truck. My truck has power brakes and power steering, but I think they were both standard equipment by 1984? I've seen manual brakes and manual steering Bullnoses, but usually only 1980-1981 models.

The '83 brochure shows power brakes as standard, but regular cabs got manual brakes standard for anything lighter than a 250HD. However, the light Supercabs got power steering standard.

The '83 brochure shows power brakes as standard, but regular cabs got manual brakes standard for anything lighter than a 250HD. However, the light Supercabs got power steering standard.

I could not order an "XLT" Flareside, only a "Custom" or "XL" model was offered,....But you could add just about any "XLT" option onto the "XL" at added cost, (except exterior trim packages)