Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 4x4 Oregon

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/grants-pass-1982-ford-f150/7023706634.html

Seems reasonable, I’m always skeptical of the miles.

I'd buy that truck.

PS: The seller gets props for including a picture of the Certification Label! Love it when they do that.

I do too!

And I agree Shaun, hadn’t seen those. I have the ones from Delta that are no drill. There were already holes on my truck, I think I added one more because they didn’t seem sturdy enough for my Weatherguard.

https://www.weatherguard.com/products/truck-tool-boxes-equipment/boxes/GullWingBox/115-3-01

My friend looked at my toolbox and said it’s a good thing you have a long bed!

Shaun - I've never been around those. Tell me about them? Why do you like them so much?

I like them because they don't damage the bed in any way shape or form. They grip onto the lip and bam, solid and sturdy mount for your toolbox. The measurements for the holes in the toolbox take a little more time to get right (compared to just drilling straight through the bed), but it's worth it.

I've run these with both toolboxes that I've run in my Ranger, and I've had friends use them as well and I've always heard positive reviews. They can be tough to find locally, but I've seen them at Lowe's, Northern Tool, and Rural King will occasionally have them too. And you can buy them online as well.

Online reviews say they come apart, but I've never had any issues with cracking, and I carry a lot of heavy weight in my toolbox like a jack, crow bar, axe, recovery gear, ranch equipment, emergency equipment, etc. I don't have any issues with the box moving. I HIGHLY suggest anybody who uses these to use Loctite on the bolt that clamps the two halves together. I can see that bolt coming loose with vibration, and once the toolbox is mounted you can't easily access that bolt.

I like them because they don't damage the bed in any way shape or form. They grip onto the lip and bam, solid and sturdy mount for your toolbox. The measurements for the holes in the toolbox take a little more time to get right (compared to just drilling straight through the bed), but it's worth it.

I've run these with both toolboxes that I've run in my Ranger, and I've had friends use them as well and I've always heard positive reviews. They can be tough to find locally, but I've seen them at Lowe's, Northern Tool, and Rural King will occasionally have them too. And you can buy them online as well.

Online reviews say they come apart, but I've never had any issues with cracking, and I carry a lot of heavy weight in my toolbox like a jack, crow bar, axe, recovery gear, ranch equipment, emergency equipment, etc. I don't have any issues with the box moving. I HIGHLY suggest anybody who uses these to use Loctite on the bolt that clamps the two halves together. I can see that bolt coming loose with vibration, and once the toolbox is mounted you can't easily access that bolt.

Thanks for the explanation, Shaun. I'll look for them next time I'm in Northern Tool.

Yes, thanks Shaun.

My box is 28 1/4” wide, do you recommend two on each side?