Bullnose Forums

Metric speedometer with trip odometer [E3TZ-17255-H] - NOS

Cory needs this! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Now what on earth is a Metric speedo doing in Texas?...lol.

I wouldn't mind having it, but I'd also need the lens to go with it...hmmm. I have it saved in my Ebay for now.

The only benefit for me would be the trip meter...my speedo already is a 6-digit.

Cory needs this! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Now what on earth is a Metric speedo doing in Texas?...lol.

I wouldn't mind having it, but I'd also need the lens to go with it...hmmm. I have it saved in my Ebay for now.

The only benefit for me would be the trip meter...my speedo already is a 6-digit.

Bullnose in Mexico surely had metric speedometers as well... and a Texas dealer might be the closest?

Bullnose in Mexico surely had metric speedometers as well... and a Texas dealer might be the closest?

That or a Canadian that moved to Texas or Texan had a Canadian truck imported and then swapped in a USA speedometer. While it is listed as NEW/NOS, it actually has been used a little bit. It appears to have 1105 kms on it...maybe 700 miles.

That or a Canadian that moved to Texas or Texan had a Canadian truck imported and then swapped in a USA speedometer. While it is listed as NEW/NOS, it actually has been used a little bit. It appears to have 1105 kms on it...maybe 700 miles.

I did not notice that. I guess this part tattle on the seller for not being NOS. Dealer take-off maybe?

I did not notice that. I guess this part tattle on the seller for not being NOS. Dealer take-off maybe?

Definitely was installed in something.

I once test drove a Canadian Ranger that found it's way to Florida. It was kinda weird seeing KMH displayed prominently. Truck only had 29,000 kilometers, but I walked from it because it had some questionable issues that the dealer refused to remedy.

I wonder if that speedo wasn't originally installed in something that was sitting on the lot in Canada, and then ended up going to the US to be sold off at the end of the model year, hence the removal of the metric speedometer with low mileage.

I wonder if that speedo wasn't originally installed in something that was sitting on the lot in Canada, and then ended up going to the US to be sold off at the end of the model year, hence the removal of the metric speedometer with low mileage.

That sounds very possible.

83/86 F—U100/350 "From 11/82" E3TZ 17255—H •Dual band 120 KMPH/85 MPH million kilometer odometer w/trip odometer

By the way, I am assuming that the 83-86 fitment was due to the 6-digit odometer? I believe the earlier Bullnoses in Canada still had the 5-digit odometers. My 1984 has a 6-digit odometer. I think they stayed at 5-digit in the US right until the end in 1986 didn't they?