Bullnose Forums

Thermostat Temps

Danny G

I had both a 180 and 195 sitting on the shelf for my 300. A mechanic buddy of mine was pushing me to use a 180 degree due to the heat etc of the south, says AC works better etc. Honestly I don't remember which one I put in, ill have to check the shelf when I get home.

I got thinking about it today and was wondering the thoughts of the guru's here on the board in relation from 180 vs 195.

Go with the 195F. It is the one Ford engineers thought best. Borrow someone's hand held infrared thermometer and point at the base of the thermostat, after the engine has come to temperature [a good long drive]. That will reveal which one is in the engine, now. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I agree. That’s what Ford put in all of them. And my reading shows that the engines are more efficient at that temp. Plus they boil off the moisture that collects in the oil much better.

As For the A/C, these systems can use some insulating of the Underwood components to improve their performance.

I agree. That’s what Ford put in all of them. And my reading shows that the engines are more efficient at that temp. Plus they boil off the moisture that collects in the oil much better.

As For the A/C, these systems can use some insulating of the Underwood components to improve their performance.

I have a coolant cutoff valve [going to the heater core]. During the hot weather months, I cut off the coolant flow.

195°